PDA

View Full Version : All Terrain buggy

samb
29-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I am trying to get out in the woods and fields more often but am worried my current pushchair just isn't up to the job. I am thinking about buying a 2nd buggy purely for the rough terrains.

So... which would you def recomend or tell me to avoid?! I am hoping to keep an eye open for bargains on ebay but want to narrow down my search a bit.

Thanks!

nipper
29-04-2012, 11:05 AM
I've just bought a mountain buggy duet. It has been a big decision to get it but I use it sometimes three times a day and it copes marvellously with our muddy country tracks on the way to school. I have deliberated for months whether to get it but finally bit the bullet, although it has hit me hard in the financial department. The seats are quite narrow (smaller than the 'duo') but it is only as wide as a standard single buggy so I can get it through the door of our village shop. Haven't taken it on the bus yet though, but it is very easy to push and the wheels are great. Used to have a phil and teds which was also great. These can be picked up off ebay cheap enough.

PixiePetal
29-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I have an old double mountain buggy terrain - from ebay - for going round the fields and farm. Works a treat :) not swivel wheels which is what you need for really rough ground anyway :thumbsup:

I have a Jane powertrak(?) single which is a dream to push too.

Not had a puncture yet - mountain buggy has chunky mountain bike type tyres which helps I think

watgem
29-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I have a single mountain buggy, its fab, I would love a double one too then I would get rid of all my other buggies.

samb
29-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Ah I hadn't thought of the fixed wheel. Yes I suppose that's a good point. :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
29-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I have a mountain buggy duet too (glad you got yours Nipper :) ) and it is fab on rough terrain even though it has smaller wheels than all the other mountain buggies. I've never had a single mountain buggy but would imagine that was as good.

Be aware that 3 wheelers can tip if the terrain is rough or uneven, some are worse than others (for example jane slalom is a dream to push but can tip sideways quite easily on uneven ground)

sarah707
29-04-2012, 07:12 PM
You can always put slime in the tyres - that will extend their life and help if you are worried about glass or sharp bits in muddy puddles.

:D

mushpea
29-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I have a urban detour single and double buggy both are great for over the woods and feilds.

samb
29-04-2012, 07:45 PM
You can always put slime in the tyres - that will extend their life and help if you are worried about glass or sharp bits in muddy puddles.

:D

Thanks Sarah but my current buggy is a Hauck Duett which has solid wheels. Ironically it was one of the resons I decided to buy it as I didn't want the hassle of punctures etc. However I am more and more taking the children to the woods/fields and i just feel like I might snap the front wheels off when they get caught in mud/on roots and after it is horrible to push anywhere else for a couple of days - like I have upset it and it is letting me know LOL!

I don't want to replace my buggy as I do love it and it is still great for all the other resons I bought it I just don't want to be put off going out for fear of breaking it.

I have put loads of watches on ebay wish me luck!

PixiePetal
29-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks Sarah but my current buggy is a Hauck Duett which has solid wheels. Ironically it was one of the resons I decided to buy it as I didn't want the hassle of punctures etc. However I am more and more taking the children to the woods/fields and i just feel like I might snap the front wheels off when they get caught in mud/on roots and after it is horrible to push anywhere else for a couple of days - like I have upset it and it is letting me know LOL!

I don't want to replace my buggy as I do love it and it is still great for all the other resons I bought it I just don't want to be put off going out for fear of breaking it.

I have put loads of watches on ebay wish me luck!

mine is like this one and I paid £122 on ebay including rain covers and sun cover - it does not fold very small, I leave mine up in the shed

item number 120902607075

gegele
30-04-2012, 08:48 AM
i have an out and about and i love it!!!

yes it can be a big big for some door but I lift it with handhand, rest handle on hip, and remove a wheel, get in and click wheel back on, takes seconds no drama!

BUT it's bulky in car and when you're like me and have a zafira you can have all seats up AND the double buggy!!

i will buy it again