PDA

View Full Version : Seriously losing the will to live!

Belly2009
29-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Hiya,

Everytime I think ive got everything on the expenses, more crop up like handwash, paper towels, increase in dishwashing tablets, anti-bac spray etc. How are people claiming these?

Also, childcare wasnt required in the easter holidays, so ive been paid for it but no expenses. How do I work out the heating etc? Is this over 2 weeks as I worked 2 weeks in april?

I think i need to go on a crash course! our LA did a session on it on our childcare course but no where in depth that it should be. Looking back through my notes it shoes wear and tear 10% as a weekly amount?! Surely, this is annually?

Im hoping its gonna get easier once ive got the hang of it!

Seriously thank you for anyone who can help - getting myself into a right mess. Surely its not that difficult!

Donkey
29-04-2012, 09:21 AM
if you do it weekly or annually it will work out the same at the end of the year anyway!!

:)

~Grasshopper~
29-04-2012, 09:30 AM
hi

you need to work out an average week for hygiene products ect. I put £10 per month through my books for all my toilet roll, papertowels, cleaning stuff ect. But i only have 1 schoolie using tissues ect, the others are babies.

then for heating ect at the end of the year (april-april) you get your yearly bill and take a percentage from it, depends on how many hours you work on an average week. You then add this to your expenses. i wouldnt worry about working it out per week.
x

The Juggler
29-04-2012, 12:42 PM
don't worry about claiming expenses when not working hon, if you buy something it's an expense.

also I just wait til year end with my accounts and just take off the allowance of the whole year, I don't pro-rate it with non=-working weeks.

I know that although I work 4 days per week and only 2 in the hols my average hours are still 40+ per week over the year.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Hiya,

Everytime I think ive got everything on the expenses, more crop up like handwash, paper towels, increase in dishwashing tablets, anti-bac spray etc. How are people claiming these?

Also, childcare wasnt required in the easter holidays, so ive been paid for it but no expenses. How do I work out the heating etc? Is this over 2 weeks as I worked 2 weeks in april?

I think i need to go on a crash course! our LA did a session on it on our childcare course but no where in depth that it should be. Looking back through my notes it shoes wear and tear 10% as a weekly amount?! Surely, this is annually?

Im hoping its gonna get easier once ive got the hang of it!

Seriously thank you for anyone who can help - getting myself into a right mess. Surely its not that difficult!

Don't stress!

I would do your elec/gas/utilities at the end of the year if you are working full time. I just take the percentage of the whole amount I pay each year

Wear and tear can be done at anytime you want - you can take 10% of your weekly, monthly or yearly income and totalled they will all be the same.