PDA

View Full Version : tax credits check up

mr man
28-04-2012, 04:13 PM
i have a parent who has had a letter asking for the original contract to be sent to them.
well i do my own contracts so easy enough to send them one, just print it out.
we had a contract change in Novemeber so increased hours, and also a change in feb to increase an extra hour as mum was always late. these changes are noted down and signed. Im happy to send any info they want, but am i wrong by doing my own contracts.

has anyone had this.

im insured with mm and although i bought a set of contracts when first minding, two parents lost one and said spilt coffee on the other.

well now i do my own, similar to the mm ones but adapted to me.

thanks for any advise

aly
28-04-2012, 04:19 PM
No you are fine to do your own with M as long as they are legally writen

mr man
28-04-2012, 04:24 PM
No you are fine to do your own with M as long as they are legally writen

phew . well ive wrote mine out along side what they have, but only including the info regarding my business.
some sections were just madness, and covered them in policies.

thanks,

aly
28-04-2012, 04:32 PM
phew . well ive wrote mine out along side what they have, but only including the info regarding my business.
some sections were just madness, and covered them in policies.

thanks,
you should be ok then, maybe ask mm just to be sure?

cathtee
28-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I have only had phone calls from tax credits asking if i had a certain child, and how much i was receiving from the parent. I have always used mm contract theres too much in them to make my own, but thats personal choice,:)

miffy
28-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I've never been asked by tax credits to supply a copy of a contract. I have been asked to send a list of dates and payments made though

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I have been asked for invoices before by the parent and I refused as she had already been given them. I advised her to get tax credits to contact me directly which she did and we sorted it all out on the phone.

Your parents should already have a copy of everything they signed so why are they asking you for more?

Sounds like TC want to confirm everything as the figures have changed.

mr man
29-04-2012, 10:22 PM
yes she does have a copy, and with the updates too.

i have calculated the whole year and divided by 12. its all there for them. ive nothing to worry about so why i am i thinking of it more. :rolleyes:

jsut hope my own contracts are suitable.

hope parent has been claiming correctly, but that's her prob if not.
she did say once when she increased an hour each day that her payment went down, as she had forgotten to delete the other childcare off. :panic: again no my prob.
i have been getting paid what contract says. so hopefully they jsut checking. which is a good thing?

do tcs work from april to april. ??

only asking bacause d and e started in spet 2011 , increased to before school too in novemeber , then increased an extra hours til 6pm in feburary.
as we had set the years plan payments i worked it out to how many months left after each change to reflect the increased fee. iywim
sounds confusing - but its all written down.
would they need all that info - given the two contract changes and also increased payments.
if i can sort this over the phone that would be great.

Bridey
30-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Your parents should already have a copy of everything they signed so why are they asking you for more?

Have you seen some of the parents houses? They aren't all as organised as ours with our business filing systems ;)

jumping j
30-04-2012, 06:58 AM
a parent recently sent off contract and reciepts etc.
tax credits rang me to confirm everything but the didn't question me about my contracts or receipts, both of which I put together myself so they have my 'logo' on
My only problem was they rang off a number that was withheld or you couldn't ring back so I missed the call everyday for about a week then finally got the number off mum and rang them myself

miffy
30-04-2012, 04:59 PM
My only problem was they rang off a number that was withheld or you couldn't ring back so I missed the call everyday for about a week then finally got the number off mum and rang them myself

How did you know it was tax credits ringing you?

Miffy xx

jumping j
30-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Miffy,
I didn't know it was them, but the number was the same as the one mum gave me and the withheld number hasn't rung since so I'm assuming they were both tax credits