PDA

View Full Version : tescos or asdas

mushpea
28-04-2012, 10:18 AM
which is cheaper and better value and which is better for home delivery?

cant decide who to shop with this week:D

singingcactus
28-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Use http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/. Just pick a store, fill your basket and it will tell you where it is cheaper to get your groceries from this week :). Then you send your basket to that supermarket, and check out there :)

PixiePetal
28-04-2012, 12:33 PM
ASDA for home delivery were rubbish. Always had substitutions and once did not turn up and didn't ring. Just no shopping arrived!

they were cheapest though:rolleyes:

Kazzal42
28-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Sainsbury's normally work out as cheap if not cheaper then Tesco and ASDA for me, guess it depends on what you order though. I've also found their service better. The quality is also by far better.

Kimmy050983
28-04-2012, 12:44 PM
We have had tesco deliveries since well over a year and they are fab!! Always friendly , always on time, hardly any substitutions and most even offer to cary all the bags whereever I want them. :)

caz3007
28-04-2012, 02:37 PM
We used to sometimes have Asda delivery and it was total rubbish, really short date on fresh food and lots of problems, like whole bags of missing shopping, we gave up on them.

We usually use Tesco and have had some hiccups, you do have to watch some dates but at least online they often have it listed how long the items should last, so if any dates are shorter than specified, you ring and they refund.

No complaints about Sainsburys at all, but work out a little dearer for us, but we do use them sometimes as they do different things

marnieb
28-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Have to agree - Asda rubbish, always missed things (potatoes!!!). Tesco much better, always on time, would ring when running late & refund delivery.

loocyloo
28-04-2012, 02:55 PM
i use both depending on who can deliver when for the cheapest price :) (although currently using tesco to collect vouchers ;) )

i get very frustrated with asda, that you can't specify substitutions or requests, like green bananas, or small apples! i once ordered 6 X 1 litre full fat long life milk - the substitution was a pint carton of fresh skim milk !!!

haven't tried anyone else.

Kazzal42
28-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I also think it does depend on your local store, and all of them do the oddest replacements! I've had tofu sent instead of falafel, a friend received an aubergine instead of a lime, and another friend ordered a scart lead and received a dog lead!

loocyloo
28-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I also think it does depend on your local store, and all of them do the oddest replacements! I've had tofu sent instead of falafel, a friend received an aubergine instead of a lime, and another friend ordered a scart lead and received a dog lead!

:laughing: that just made me burst out laughing :laughing:

kel1983
28-04-2012, 06:39 PM
asda worked out cheaper on delivery but their seemed a lot less choice of brands and cost slightly more than tesco. Tesco for us. :thumbsup:

Donkey
28-04-2012, 08:45 PM
tesco all the way

the more you shop the cheaper it gets...

clubcard points, my car insurance (inc business cover) is with tesco
and was a few hundred (like £500) cheaper than the best other quote we got...

entered my clubcard number and an extra £200 came off the price :o