PDA

View Full Version : to kiddiwash or not to kiddiwash...

jadavi
27-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Any afficionados of the kiddiwash? I'm sorely tempted tho it'd have to be the cheaper kiddiwash kw..

some questions:

Is it good and solid where it sits?

can they use it for water play as well as hand washing??

Is the soap and towel dispenser a good idea too?

Anyone selling theirs? (or the laregr one) haha

cheers
ja xx

rickysmiths
27-04-2012, 04:10 PM
My goodness they are sooo expensive.

Are you not able to get to an ordinary sink for had washing?

I think I would be very reluctant to spend this much money.

miffy
27-04-2012, 04:25 PM
You need to talk to Heavensent, she has one and was singing its praises at the TES show

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I have the cheaper one (the non electric one) and it is fab! It sits wherever I put it from the table to the top of a cupboard and all the children love to use it. No good for water play as the water goes right down the 'drain' after hand washing, One thing I would say is that the waste holds slightly less than the clean tank so if you get one dont fill it right up!!

I don't have a car so don't take mine out but if you wanted you could pop it in the back of the car. It does about 3 or 4 kiddies hands on one filling if they wet, turn off, and then turn on again to rinse.

Water doesn't stay warm for long, but mine are fine with washing in cold water (they only use the cold tap in the bathroom anyway so little difference,

Oh one more thing, you can flick the switch with your wrist so you could use it after nappy changing if you found it hard to leave the mindees unsupervised.

Lems
27-04-2012, 05:50 PM
They look fab, hadnt heard of them so just googled :blush:

jadavi
27-04-2012, 06:06 PM
thanks once in a blue moon.
How do you stop them wasting it if there's only enough for 3-4 mindees washing hands once? I assumed we could use it for more washes but then I'm not very good at maths and the tank is obv not that big.....

BucksCM
27-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Sorry...am i missing the point here?
What's wrong with a sink, soap and handtowels?
Or if out, wipes?
I have to say when i googled it I just thought that someone's invented something to get more money out of me!
Personally...I really don't see the point!

jadavi
27-04-2012, 06:27 PM
our sink is the other end of the house and its cold in winter as its an add on and the kids dont like to go there.... I want to expand and I don't like them queuing up outside there ...plus it means they have to go thru my tiny kitchen which is usually gated off....

just want it like others want a posh pushchair!!

BucksCM
27-04-2012, 06:31 PM
OK...well that's a good enough reason 1:D:D

Donkey
27-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I have one, we use it outside a lot so the kids can wash their hands if they get dirty

:)

not too sure DH would be keen on taking it in the car!

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry...am i missing the point here?
What's wrong with a sink, soap and handtowels?
Or if out, wipes?
I have to say when i googled it I just thought that someone's invented something to get more money out of me!
Personally...I really don't see the point!

I use it for the 1 and 2 year olds who can't reach the sink, and for the bigger ones when painting because I don't want every surface between the playroom and the bathroom smothered with paint. (children are not allowed in my kitchen ). I do use wipes when I'm out, I wouldn't take it out with me but you could.

Jadavi, its supposed to do 10 short washes but that doesn't work with my mindees as they dawdle and waste the water unless I'm nagging them. I have had one child who used a whole tank full at a time, just playing in the water lol

BucksCM
27-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I use it for the 1 and 2 year olds who can't reach the sink, and for the bigger ones when painting because I don't want every surface between the playroom and the bathroom smothered with paint. (children are not allowed in my kitchen ). I do use wipes when I'm out, I wouldn't take it out with me but you could.

Jadavi, its supposed to do 10 short washes but that doesn't work with my mindees as they dawdle and waste the water unless I'm nagging them. I have had one child who used a whole tank full at a time, just playing in the water lol

Then just a washing up bowl and towel in the room with you...It's what I did before I had a toilet downstairs. And stools for the smaller children.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not having a go at those of you who have them, I just personally don't see the point in spending (a lot of!!) money on something like that when I can use things I already have.

funemnx
27-04-2012, 08:00 PM
:laughing::laughing: Oh excuse me - I thought it was like a car wash, only for children!!! :laughing::laughing:

rickysmiths
27-04-2012, 08:06 PM

I use a 99p step from Ikea for the ones who can't reach :thumbsup:

A £1.99 washing up bowl in the room after painting or wipes to take off the surplus before they go to the sink. I have never had a problem with paint everywhere I must say, not enough to justify spending that huge amount of money and where to store it when not in use?

*Katrina*
27-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I have been considering one of these, my bathroom sink is built into a vanity unit and is awkward for children as the taps are a long way back, my 6 year old son can only just now reach the taps himself and that is whilst stood on a step! :eek: He isn't particularly short for his age either - about average height. So I will be having to lift the little ones up to reach, I considered using a washing up bowl but I thought that it is best to use running water for washing hands and as the children would need fresh water each it'd take a while emptying and refilling the bowl each go. I was cheeky and emailed them to see if I could get an ex-display one cheaper but they told me it wasn't possible. I have seen people post on here before though saying they had got them discounted. I think it will be on my "wish list" and something I will save up for.

mama2three
27-04-2012, 08:19 PM
ive been tempted , and keep looking for an ebay bargain.
My downstairs loo hasnt got a sink - and though we currently use a washing up bowl with babybath in - i often read about inspectors who expect each child to have fresh water - which simply isnt practical.
I agree they are far too expensive new.

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I use a 99p step from Ikea for the ones who can't reach :thumbsup:

A £1.99 washing up bowl in the room after painting or wipes to take off the surplus before they go to the sink. I have never had a problem with paint everywhere I must say, not enough to justify spending that huge amount of money and where to store it when not in use?

Oh well, it works for us. It gives the kiddies independence and means they can wash their hands as and when they feel like it not have to rely on an adult. And to be fair, I earned the money it cost in one day, and have been using it for around 3 years which to me is money well spent.

I'm not really sure how the bowl of water thing would work. In order to be following correct IPC measures you'd have to change the water for each child, thus meaning you'd have to keep running in and out with bowls of water leaving paint covered kids on their own in the room. I wouldn't dare leave my little 1 year old mindees on their own in a room with painty hands, bless them they'd feel the need to redecorate, but maybe they're not as well behaved as yours.

BucksCM
27-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh well, it works for us. It gives the kiddies independence and means they can wash their hands as and when they feel like it not have to rely on an adult. And to be fair, I earned the money it cost in one day, and have been using it for around 3 years which to me is money well spent.

I'm not really sure how the bowl of water thing would work. In order to be following correct IPC measures you'd have to change the water for each child, thus meaning you'd have to keep running in and out with bowls of water leaving paint covered kids on their own in the room. I wouldn't dare leave my little 1 year old mindees on their own in a room with painty hands, bless them they'd feel the need to redecorate, but maybe they're not as well behaved as yours.

I can understand clean running water for washing hands after going to the toilet, but for rinsing off paint? "Didn't realise "correct IPS measures" had to be followed for that? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jiorjiina
27-04-2012, 08:46 PM
My goodness they are sooo expensive.

Why is it that as soon as someone even thinks the word 'education' the price of equipment shoots up by about 200%? :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
27-04-2012, 10:24 PM

I have any under 18mth in a booster chair while painting it would be chaos if they were free to run!!! :laughing:

I just wash off the surplus paint and then we all go and wash our hands. All the over twos are more than able to independently wash their hands at the sink, they get the step and they can push the soap pump. Just like they do at home. I give the younger ones a helping hand. They all know whoch is their towel and it works well for us.

What is the difference in all the children washing off the paint in one bowl and all playing in the same water table or paddling pool?