PDA

View Full Version : what do you offer for pudding?

adele1985
27-04-2012, 01:09 PM
i provide homemade meals such as stews, casarols, shepards pie, spag bol, lasagne ect for lunch

for tea i just provide something snacky like sandwhiches, beans on toast, crumpets, teacakes ect

all i provide for dessert (for after lunch and tea) is either yogurt tubes or fruit (if we have made something like cakes or biscuits they can have them)

do you think i should be providing more

Bridey
27-04-2012, 01:14 PM
It all looks lovely to me, can I come round for tea? ;)

I have older children and offer them fruit and, if they have eaten and behaved well, a biscuit or little cake but for little ones I would do exactly as you are doing, only I think I avoid things like Frubes due to high sugar content. :thumbsup:

foxy lady
27-04-2012, 01:15 PM
yep i do pretty much what you do too :clapping:

Twinkles
27-04-2012, 01:15 PM
After a snack lunch ( beans on toast , pasta , sandwiches etc ) we provide a small bowl of fruit. 1/4 banana , few grapes , slice or two of apple. Different fruit each day and meal. Then a pot of fromage frais.

After tea ( a cooked meal ) they have another small bowl of fruit and a home made cake or cookie.

kellib
27-04-2012, 01:20 PM
After lunch they get offered a yoghurt or fruit, yoghurt wins nearly every time.

I don't have children here for tea.

mummyof3
27-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I only do cooked lunches and the pudding afterwards is usually fromage frais, fruit salad, banana and custard, angel delight or something we have baked.

sweetcheeks
27-04-2012, 01:26 PM
I do yoghurts, fromage frais, rice pudding, fruit sponge and custard or just fruit with custard, trifle, fruit jelly with ice cream :)

cathtee
27-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi, it sounds lovely, I don't think you need to do any more :)

BucksCM
27-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I do the same as you but the other way round, hot meal at the end of the day.
Puddings in this house are, fromage frais (never have given yogurts as they are so runny!)fresh fruit, angel delight(and we have 100's and 1000's and mini marshmallows on top!:thumbsup:) although it does work out to about once a fortnight and mum is ok with it...in fact she joined us for tea earlier in the week and had a bowl herself!!...sometimes we've had ice cream...but again, it does come with all the toppings! Yum Yum!!:D
All with parent's approval, or course.
I do beleive in a healthy diet but you've got to have something nice every so often!:D:thumbsup:

loocyloo
27-04-2012, 01:51 PM
i make my own yogurt, so its full fat and free of anything! its also quite thick! we add fruit or honey or 'sprinkle bits' ( bits of granola, cereal, etc! )

we have fruit crumble/sponge pudding with or with out custard, rice pudding, jelly, mousses, fruit salad, creme caramel and occasionally ice cream. if we've made biscuits or cakes, we might have one of those.

usually just yogurt and or fruit at lunch.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-04-2012, 02:13 PM
we have had this week - jelly and ice cream, they made fruit smoothies, cornetto's, steamed pudding with custard or cream and tonight is rice pudding. They all have a piece of fruit each and the choice of yoghurt if they don't want the above.

Bushpig
27-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I cook similar things to you, except have the hot meal as the second meal, not the first. For pudding I only offer fruits and yoghurt. The only time they have cake/other sweets is for birthdays and celebrations.

Monkey26
27-04-2012, 04:27 PM
A home cooked lunch and then a small bowl of fruit with either yogurt, innocent tube, sugar free jelly, low fat custard or occassionally angel delight.

I buy the big pots of yogurt and then scoop a tablespoon into a snack bowl for each child (works out loads cheaper than buying kids yogurts!) xx

miffy
27-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Mostly yogurts and fruit, occasionally fruit crumble, rice pudding, jelly and ice cream.

Miffy xx

moggy
27-04-2012, 05:01 PM
i make my own yogurt, so its full fat and free of anything! its also quite thick! we add fruit or honey or 'sprinkle bits' ( bits of granola, cereal, etc! )

we have fruit crumble/sponge pudding with or with out custard, rice pudding, jelly, mousses, fruit salad, creme caramel and occasionally ice cream. if we've made biscuits or cakes, we might have one of those.

usually just yogurt and or fruit at lunch.

I make our own yogurt too! We add mashed banana, home made jam or honey (I like it with maple syrup but I save that all for me once mindees have gone!)

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't do puddings.

We don't eat puddings as a family, most (if not all) of my mindees families don't eat puddings either and when asked about it said they don't feel their children need puddings after a good home cooked meal so we don't do them.

fluff1975
27-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Usually its just yogurt or fruit. Occasionally jelly, angel delight, cake or whatever we've baked. If I'm feeling organised and in an 'I should be living in a farmhouse and owning an AGA' mood, then I'll stick a rice pudding in the oven when I get in from the school run. Failing that I open a tin.