PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Paper and 2 year olds

AliceK
27-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi

I'm wondering of you have any tips to stop 2yr olds using so much toilet tissue. I have 2 x 2yr olds who have very recently become potty trained. They are both independent and take themselves off to the toilet when they need to go, I don't need to go with them. It's all new to them and obviously they are very proud of their new independence and it's exciting to be able to take themselves off for a wee / poo when they need to. BUT, they are using sooo much toilet tissue. I went in there after one of them yesterday and they had put so much down the toilet. What can I do to prevent this. At the moment I have put the roll away and am just leaving out pre-ripped pieces of about 3 squares but only 2 / 3 pieces at a time obviously. It does however mean that I need to constantly check and replenish. Is there another way that I haven't thought of?
xxxxx

sarah707
27-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Someone here when I had a similar problem advised me to squash the toilet roll and it does help - it doesn't spin as easily so not as much comes off.

Lots of discussion about how much to use and what happens if the drain gets blocked might help too!

Tbh I'd still go with 2 year olds to make sure they wash hands properly (we have a song we sing together) and wipe effectively.

Hth :D

nipper
27-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I tend to hover (no pun intended) when they are going. It does help that our toilet roll holder is noisy so I can hear if it's being used excessively. I like the idea about squashing the roll down though.

Kimmy050983
27-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Jamie has a habit of undoing the whole toilet roll while he is on the loo so for now I have taken it off and he calls for me once he is finished and I then pass him the paper.
He knows it's the consequence for always undoing it. ;)

AliceK
27-04-2012, 12:34 PM
It's such a novelty for both of them at the moment and when one says they need to go the other one always needs to go as well. The youngest one must have about 15 trips to the loo every day and she can sit there for 5 or more minutes at a time. i'm sure not all of them are productive ones shall we say :rolleyes:. If I was to go with them every time they went I would spend all day in there and no time with anyone else so I have to give them a certain amount of trust. I know they wash their hands as in the past 2 weeks I have got through 2 soap bottles, they certainly do know how to wash their hands properly :laughing:. Usually if they say they need a poo I will go and hover though just to help out if needed.

I'll go and squash the loo roll I think :thumbsup:

xxxx

Chimps Childminding
27-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Its not just 2 year olds!!! My sons are 19 and almost 21 and the amount of toilet roll we get through is ridiculous!!!! :eek:

AliceK
27-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Its not just 2 year olds!!! My sons are 19 and almost 21 and the amount of toilet roll we get through is ridiculous!!!! :eek:

:laughing: :laughing:
My mum always says the same about my brother (he's 39 now)

xxx

Jexer72
27-04-2012, 07:48 PM
My parents have this toilet roll holder in their bathroom :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brabantia-To...555906&sr=1-22 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000MRZ4OI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=childminding-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B000MRZ4OI)

It only lets you take 2 squares at a time - could be an answer :idea:

AliceK
28-04-2012, 10:02 AM
My parents have this toilet roll holder in their bathroom :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brabantia-Toilet-Holder-Brilliant-Steel/dp/B000MRZ4OI/ref=sr_1_22?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1335555906&sr=1-22

It only lets you take 2 squares at a time - could be an answer :idea:

Brilliant. For that price I think I'll order one. Thanks :thumbsup:

xx