PDA

View Full Version : Reward ideas

nessynoodle
27-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi all

We have a new reward chart which we have a target on and each week the children work together to reach the target by friday in order to have a treat. It is working really well....but i need some more reward ideas.

So far we have done sweets/chocolate, a certificate (which they loved!) and a film after school with popcorn. Today was meant to be a film but I have no car to get to the shops for popcorn or even a new film as they have seen all of ours loads of times.....so was wondering if there was another way I could make the film ore exciting.....maybe hot chocolates and duvets a bit like a sleepover.....

Any other ideas for future weeks much appreciated

Thanks

x

mama2three
27-04-2012, 10:36 AM
make tickets for the cinema , turn off all the lights and draw the curtains!

Other treats could be a trip to the park after school , or why not ask the kids what they would like to do? Mine love baking , ds would probably choose time on the wii.

QualityCare
27-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Carrying on from mamma2threes post regarding asking children why not have a session with the children one afternoon and ask them what they would like as a reward/treat and make a list, discuss with the children if any of them are totally over the top and why you wouldn't be able to do them add to the list if you think of anything. How about a comic each or between them depending on what you spend.

uf353432
27-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree asking the children is a really good route - they buy into the whole experience and it makes it more democratic.

One thing I did with the kids was go on a welly walk - but i'd hidden chocolates on the route and hung them off the tree's - the kids were in heaven walking along and finding chocolate goodies on route lol!

fluff1975
27-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I like the cinema idea! We have SweetyTreatyWednesday when we go to the shop on the way home from school. That takes the pressure off the weekly sticker chart a bit for me as it was becoming rather overwhelming! Now they get stickers as-and-when and because it takes longer to fill the chart, the reward is greater. They get a certificate and I have a silver (okay, plastic!) trophy that gets taken home for the week plus a 'prize'. Usually a magazine, crafty kit etc.

blue bear
27-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Mine like party games or a disco as a treat

miffy
28-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd also ask the children what they wanted to do then you could make a list and work through it.

Miffy xx