PDA

View Full Version : EEEK had the call

sianstwins
26-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Had the call today ofsted are coming on Tuesday,:panic: Im worried now,i said id filled in the r u ready for ur reg form and she wants me to photocopy it for her.Did anyone else have to do that?

smidge
26-04-2012, 05:57 PM
had my visit 2day and she said i could use the booklet to refer 2 but she didnt want 2 look at it..................i was told its not 4 them 2 see its just for us to use. good luck :)

sianstwins
26-04-2012, 06:01 PM
:panic:Did they exspect u to know the eyfs inside out

smidge
26-04-2012, 06:23 PM
she wanted me to explaine different activiteis for each of the 6 areas

Barb38
26-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi, I had my pre-inspection last Sep and due my 6 monthly inspection very soon.

Every inspector is different and it would be easy for me to say it'll be ok (and it will), but you've just got to remember that they are there to help you. If you're not sure on something they will help and guide you. If you haven't implemented something, they will ask you to do so. For example, I was asked what measures I have in place to dry mindees hands after washing, I said a towel next to every sink and she suggested paper towels or a towel for each mindee. So my answer was incorrect but I didn't get penalised for it, just guided.
Unless you do or say something really wrong, which is unlikey, then you'll be ok. Don't be afraid to write down everything she suggests, it's in your best interest to correct it before your next inspection and don't be afraid to ask her questions too - that's what she's there for. Safeguarding children is very important too.
She didn't expect me to know the EYFS inside out. You can refer to the booklet and most of the questions where related to the questions from the 'are you ready for your registration' booklet. So if you've filled in all the questions from the booklet I'd say you're ready.

Good luck

miffy
26-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I've never heard of them asking you to photocopy the booklet, I thought they just asked you questions based on it.

Good luck with the visit and let us know how you get on

Miffy xx