PDA

View Full Version : a new adventure?

littlegem
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Ihave been thinking about becoming a childminder for a while now and am finally doing some serious research!
I have a few questions and just wondered if any of you experienced people could help me.
I do not have any children of my own, I do have a step-daughter who stays with us at weekends. Will not having any children of my own stand against me?
We have 2 dogs. Can you still childmind with dogs?
I am currently working in a school, can I train to be a childminder whilst still working?
Hope my questions don't sound silly!
Really appreciate any advice. Cheers :)

fishbones1
02-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi

Yes you can become a minder without having children, yes you can mind with having dogs, as long as you mention all about them and stae you will never leave the children alone with them, regularly de-flea'd and wormed etc.

Yes you can train while still working at school, I did. My course ran for three saturdays and exam on wed night, if evening classes they run from late afternoon (I think)

Good luck, its quite straight forward getting through course etc, just a pain waiting for registration

Annie_T
02-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Ihave been thinking about becoming a childminder for a while now and am finally doing some serious research!
I have a few questions and just wondered if any of you experienced people could help me.
I do not have any children of my own, I do have a step-daughter who stays with us at weekends. Will not having any children of my own stand against me? Having your own children will decrease the number your able to mind but also goes on area you have to mind too but does not stop you
We have 2 dogs. Can you still childmind with dogs? yes i believe so long they friendly, put out way of children
I am currently working in a school, can I train to be a childminder whilst still working? yes you can still study etc, it normally a sat i think courses run, working or not does not effect it
Hope my questions don't sound silly!
Really appreciate any advice. Cheers :)

why not book a briefing sessin to see what is entailed?, hope this helps hun

littlegem
02-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for answering my questions, appreciate it. A couple more What is a briefing session? Where do I find out about that?:)

katickles
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Contact your local CIS (children's information service) - they will give you the details.

Good luck :)