PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyone up to today?

mindingmummy08
26-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Well the rain has once again prevented our long awaited farm trip.

We went to toddlers this morning and now I've made an indoor camping area. Tent, teddy bears picnic, we've even got grass as my messy mat is just some wipeable stuff from dunelm with a grass pattern on.

I've tried to add a picture but I don't think its worked lol, if it has that is my daughter enjoying the camping.

Little Pickles
26-04-2012, 12:47 PM
ahhhh thats so sweet :)

~Grasshopper~
26-04-2012, 12:49 PM
hi

im sitting here feeling lost and a bit upset lol. ive left my 2 year old at playgroup for the first time alone and he shouted no mammy after me :(, but the lady took him to the water table so i made a run for it. well as fast as i could with a carseat and toddler on reins lol. Guess that made it worse that i had other children with me.

now the baby has gone home and the toddler is asleep and im fretting for my baby. it will 100% be good for him to be away from me for the 2 afternoons a week as he is too clingy and bossy here.

xx

Baildon bears
26-04-2012, 12:53 PM
All my planning has gone out of the window today, we had a fun afternoon puddle jumping, really tricky trying to take pics of my 17month mindee while wearing wellies too big for him, and stop him falling over, he looked like we had done a assalt course after we had finished:D, hes fast a sleep now. :clapping::clapping:

Kimmy050983
26-04-2012, 12:58 PM
hi

im sitting here feeling lost and a bit upset lol. ive left my 2 year old at playgroup for the first time alone and he shouted no mammy after me :(, but the lady took him to the water table so i made a run for it. well as fast as i could with a carseat and toddler on reins lol. Guess that made it worse that i had other children with me.

now the baby has gone home and the toddler is asleep and im fretting for my baby. it will 100% be good for him to be away from me for the 2 afternoons a week as he is too clingy and bossy here.

xx

I so so so feel for you !!! This was me 5 weeks ago, My little boy had never been without me or his daddy before. He cried for about 4 weeks of it but now the last two weeks has said all week that he "wants to go to preschool". Today when I took him he said "byee see you later!" - so it will be ok and you will soon be enjoying the time off :)

~Grasshopper~
26-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I so so so feel for you !!! This was me 5 weeks ago, My little boy had never been without me or his daddy before. He cried for about 4 weeks of it but now the last two weeks has said all week that he "wants to go to preschool". Today when I took him he said "byee see you later!" - so it will be ok and you will soon be enjoying the time off :)

i know it will be worth it, i should get 2 afternoons off a week. unless i fill the space. he was sooo excited about going and his little pack lunch, till we rang the bell and he went mental. they are all so lovely but its such a big deal for him he is only 26mths and my baby still. he has never been left with anyone except me, dp and my mum.
x

mindingmummy08
26-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Ahh I know exactly what you mean when my little boy went to preschool they had to wrench him out of my arms every day screaming, I'd leave crying. Now he spends all weekend asking to go to preschool!!

It'll get easier and will be really good for you both.

miffy
26-04-2012, 02:18 PM
That looks fab - like the grass! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Milli147
26-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Where did you get the grass from please??? That really makes it :)

gegele
26-04-2012, 04:50 PM
love the grass i have the same and i bought the pebble too so we could camp on the beach like at nanies LOL

singingcactus
26-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Very cute. Can't imagine my little men playing calmly at tea parties right now lol.

Today we couldn't go out to the hangar cos the rain was stupidly heavy, so we just stayed home and played. I got a good work out hoying the kids about, and they got a good work out jumping on me.

We made some angry bird puppets, and played with them for a while, then we went back to wrestling and gymnastics.

Then they all went home and I watched some surfing clips on youtube with my boy.....wish we lived in Australia, or even Hawaii would do (as long as I was rich).

kellib
26-04-2012, 05:33 PM
We stayed in today because of the rain and spent most of our time doing jigsaws, my 23 month mindee is amazing at them, he did a 60 piece jigsaw practically all by himself, I only had to help with a few pieces!

Then I put both mindees down for a nap after lunch as usual but one decided he would strip off and sing songs instead :laughing: so I got him up and we watched some of Cars together. Other mindee woke up and went home so non sleeping mindee then went for a sleep before he went home.

All in all not a bad day but I'm exhausted! :laughing:

sharonmanc
26-04-2012, 06:30 PM
My second day of minding today, and i headed to the local childminder drop in this morning, everyone was lovely :)