PDA

View Full Version : My wonderful thursdays

JCrakers
26-04-2012, 10:18 AM
:(
For the past 4.5yrs we have gone to wriggly readers on a thursday morning. The kids love it and so do I :D It takes up the whole morning and it makes a difference from a toddler group as the children sit (and so do I) meaning im not constantly on the go following them all around a toddler group room. The kids love the books and the singing. it only lasts half an hour but then it gives me chance to nip to sainsburys for bread or something for the kids tea.

We used to walk down to school, drop off older kids, walk into town and because the walk in total is about 40mins we have drink and snack in starbucks (next to the library) as wriggly readers doesnt start until 10am.
Kids would have a frothy milk and fruit and we would share some fruitbread..YUM. I would have a coffee and we would have a nice chat for 15mins. :D

Now they have made some cutbacks and the thurs group has stopped :( They do it on a tuesday too and we can still go on a tuesday alternating with a toddler group every other week but we cant get to starbucks on a tues so now my Thursdays are poo.....:( lol

Its raining and im stuck indoors with 3 under 5's... oh how I miss my thursday mornings...life wont be the same again....lol

Plus hubbies away in Germany and taken the car (which is sat in Heathrow carpark) so I havent been able to get out for food on my usual thursday trip to town....the fridge is bare

VeggieSausage
26-04-2012, 11:42 AM
:(:( that's pants x

mama2three
26-04-2012, 11:49 AM
oh i would stick with the old routine - ok so once at the library you will have to just sit together and choose a story - but the rest of the morning sounds worth it!

kellib
26-04-2012, 11:56 AM
oh i would stick with the old routine - ok so once at the library you will have to just sit together and choose a story - but the rest of the morning sounds worth it!

I agree, there's nothing stopping you going to the library anyway, you could let the children choose books to take to your house for the week?

LOOPYLISA
26-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I would of taken him to the airport and kept the car :laughing:

miffy
26-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Complain and see if they will run the group on Tuesdays one week and Thursdays the next.

Like the others, I'd still go out for my coffee :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

gegele
26-04-2012, 06:09 PM
i had the same happening to my tuesdays!!:(:(

they moved the country park outdoor playgroup to mondays and with the nursery run i can't make it :(:(

we use to be a close group of few and it was great to be out and do lots of nature activities..... now it's home:(:(

WibbleWobble
26-04-2012, 06:19 PM
me and beachgirl have a similar thing going on a wednesday. we walk into town after the school run and go to the library where we have sing song time. that is 30 mins (just enough for little ones) and then we go to the local bakery and get some gingerbread men....little ones have half each. Beachgirl and i will sometimes have a veg pasty or sausage roll.

We part halfway out of town and me and my lot go back to Fish pie and peas (it is always fish pie and peas) it is Ns fave meal - he tells me every time!

then after lunch they sleep and sleep.....its a great day!!!!!