PDA

View Full Version : Multicultural Instruments came but...

sarah32
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
They came and there not bad, some are a bit small but was disappointed with he mini pipes, when you blow them they dont make any noises.

I was wondering if anyone else ordered and had same problem. The bamboo has holes in the top where you blow but they are filled in at the bottom, are they spose to have a hole all the way through the bamboo pipes.:(

avril
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I've got pan pipes that I got from holiday and they are filled in the bottom and if I blow them like a flute across the top they do work sound a bit more like a milk bottle noise than proper pan pipes!!!!:laughing:

chez1373
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Sorry ive no idea i dont have any but can i ask where you got them please.

sarah32
02-06-2008, 04:53 PM
update. mindee's dad came and the kids were playing with them at the time, he made them make noise straight away. Doing it wrong. der:(

There from Monkey-drum.com

Thread earlier about them. Not bad for the money I paid for them. The kids all loved the frog.:)

chez1373
02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks i will take a look

angeldelight
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh I went to do an order and it the site went down im glad it did now if you dont think much of them

Mind you they were only cheap so maybe you get what you paid for ??

Not sure if to order any now ?

Angel xx

sarah32
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
The small bongo drum I ordered was great, the kids loved the frog but to be honest didnt think much of it. There was a shaker thing which they also loved. I ordered mostly the under £3.00 stuff.

I would say they are worth the money I paid, better than the plastic musical toys you can buy.:)

I think I got about 5 things for £20.00, found a lovely bag to put them in and they look nice as a collection.:)

venus89
03-06-2008, 08:18 AM
I bought some instruments from them and I was very pleased with them - unlike Sarah I found they were bigger than I was expecting! I got 7 things for £20 - as I only have teeny tinies at the moment I mostly got things you can shake and bang, although I did get a flutey thing too which works just fine. Sorry you were disappointed....

sarah32
03-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Dont get me wrong, I wasnt disappointed with them all. Like you said they were small but thats fine with me as I only have little ones and my two children at 5 and 7 loved them as well.:)

I think they are much better than plastic instruments.

Like I said in the last update, mindees dad showed me how to get the pipes to work and they do now. I was doing it wrong.

Was a bit upset this morning, husband left our young dog out and shes got hold of the drum and chewed it so Im about to order another and possibility of more as free postage at moment.:laughing:

SimplyLucy
03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Order a twirly frog...........it's our fave!

You hold the stick and swing it around and it makes the most amazing noise!

sarah32
03-06-2008, 08:30 AM
I got the little frog and it comes with a stick tha you rub against the top, makes a noise like a frog. The kids loved it. I'll look out for that one:)

SimplyLucy
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
We got the little croaking frog too, it's very cute, but I'd like a bigger one now.

The twirly frog makes a noise abit like the things you swing around at a football match.

venus89
03-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Not sure I want one that sounds like a football rattle!!

sarah32
03-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Totally gutted, only just managed to get back on website to order another drum that dog chewed up and they've now put postage on.:(

I'll have to wait until they do it again as only wanted to order a few things and postage added on doesnt make it a bargain.:)