PDA

View Full Version : Fox poo!

gemmcd
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I am lucky or unlucky enough to have an enormous garden! We have a den at the back where we have a family of foxes living. The kids love watching them and they come out in broad daylight if noone is in the garden. However just recently it seems they are coming out to toilet! ALOT! At least I think it is them but my lawn is just covered in horrible squidgy poo! It is a nightmare, even thoug I go out in morning to check I seem to miss loads - there seems to be 2 types 'dog' like poos which I assume are fox poo and loads of small spiral poos which may well be birds. Even when I try scooping them up it seems that it is impossible to completely clean as they are so soft! Sorry for detail! Anyone else have a poo problem? I am sure OFSTED will not approve! Kids jsut seemt o either tread or fall in it as there is so much of it!

Gemma

caza
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Our back garden backs onto open fields and we used to get foxes coming into our garden during the night. It used to drive our dogs crazy as tey live outside but couldn't get to the fox. We put an electric fence along our back fence which wasn't enough to hurt the foxes but just to keep them out. However that will have to come down very soon as I cant see Ofsted being particulaly happy about us having an electric fence in the back garden!:rolleyes:

As for the fox poo when we have had it in our garden in the past it was whiteish in colour. Dont know if all foxes poo the same colour but if they do that might not be whats coming into your garden? Also is there anything in your garden which may be attracting the foxes?

emmadines
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
you said that they have a den at the bottom of your garden???

mens wee is supposed to put them off apparently (not that Im reccomending your otherhalf go weeee round your garden!):blush: :blush: what about if you get an old container and get him to do it in that and get him to tip it in a line from one side to the other.

i know its the ewwww facter but it will get washed into the ground by the rain but the "sent" should stay for a bit!! it might just stop them from passing that point??

failing that a good sized carrier bag and a thick rubber glove, then pour warm water from a watering can over it to wash it into the ground............................................ .............

good luck.....

chez1373
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I think we have a fox that comes on the garden as its always white in colour and my poor little dog cant do that much on the garden when she never goes out there only to bark as other people pass by..

Ive no idea what gets rid of them but im trying to find out so if i do ill let you know.

littletreasures
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
We have foxes come into our garden as well. I am sure they just come up onto the decking to annoy the dogs who sleep in the lounge. They go crazy and then the next day I always find a couple of piles (black squidgy) on the decking. I pick it up with a nappy sack and then wash the decking thoroughly to make sure it has gone, as the poo can contain worms.

Foxes poo is quite different from dog's poo.
Jeyes fluid is supposed to work. Not sure what it would do to your grass though.

littletreasures

maple
02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I have had what sounds like similar poo in my garden and we thought it was hedgehogs. The poo in are garden is black and squishy and not overly big.

angeldelight
02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Yuk I feel sick haha

Angel xx

tulip0803
02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
This thread reminds me of the book The mole who knew it was none of his business. DD1(10) says it's the most disgusting thing she has ever read but I think she would say this comes a close second:)

emmadines
02-06-2008, 10:59 PM
my DD who was not far gone one year! picked that book out when her nan (my mum) told her to choose a book! my mum thought it was a normal story about a mole...................................... not a detailed story about diff types of animal poop lol

tulip0803
03-06-2008, 12:37 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

lizzymoonshine
03-06-2008, 08:21 AM
:laughing: im sorry i'm not an expert in poo, but this thread has made me smile! :)

hope you get it sorted soon, do let us know if the mens wee bit works, i'm sure we are intrigued.

:)