PDA

View Full Version : Would it kill him to say THANK YOU ....

dette
25-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I've just had an extremely hard work 4 year old from half 6 this morning untill 5 min ago (8.15).Thats almost 14 hrs.i usually do 7 30 to 6 30 and i dont have her on wednesdays but he had to go to glasgow for a meeting.he asked me if i could have her but didnt mention the extended hours or early start until last night !!!!I very stupidly didnt work out a higher rate for additional hours so ive done all this for £3 50 an hour !!!! which i wouldnt have minded if he had said thank you or even acknowledged that this isnt what childminders usually do..Its times like this that i feel like not doing any more favours and charging the same as everyone else does.Perhaps i should wipe MUG from off my forehead.....rant over..need wine

silvermist
25-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Get the biggest glass out of the cupboard and enjoy. Some people :angry:

miffy
25-04-2012, 07:32 PM
In just the same way as he didn't mention the early start or the extended hours until last night, I wouldn't mention the extra hours at an enhanced fee until I gave him the bill :D

Miffy xx

Little Pickles
25-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Hope that you are relaxing now after that !
Some parents just don't say thank you . I have one lady who's kids I have been minding for the past 3 years she never says thank you - ever which sometimes irritates me , Dad always does but when Grandma picks up she doesn't say thanks either so I know where mum gets it from! But having said that she always gives a nice present at christmas , another mother I used to mind for always was grateful but never gave a present to me at christmas even though she used to give a present to the lolipop lady !!! Some people are just strange .
Don't let the lack of manners get you down but maybe get a letter out to advise parents of enhanced fee's at early / late times
:)

Two Princesses
25-04-2012, 07:52 PM
In just the same way as he didn't mention the early start or the extended hours until last night, I wouldn't mention the extra hours at an enhanced fee until I gave him the bill :D

I like this! :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I would just drop into conversation "I've added your fees to the next bill, of course you know my out of hours fees are at double time but just to remind you so you don't have heart failure when you get the bill"

As for the 'mug' bit I think a lot of us have that, lol x