PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance help please

silvermist
25-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi does anyone have car insurance with Morton Michel? Ive forgotten my username and cant log on for a quote :blush:, I just need to know whether they are reasonable or not.

Smiley
25-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I have used them in the past, the following year i found them to be more expensive so changed. However my car insurance is due next week so I intend to ring them for a quote.

rickysmiths
25-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I used them last year but their renewal quote was silly money so I renewed with Tesco.

blue bear
25-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Been with them for two years, they price matched quote off the internet when renewal quote was higher than I was willing to pay.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I used them last year but their renewal quote was silly money so I renewed with Tesco.

I thought you were with Churchill? The more policies you have with them the cheaper they are

rickysmiths
26-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought you were with Churchill? The more policies you have with them the cheaper they are

Yes I was with Churchill and still do have House insurance with them but last year they doubled my car premium and would not budge. Even when we applied on line it was silly high, Higher than dh had been with my daughter on as a learner!!! So I went to MM who charged less than Churchill had the last year I was with them! But when they sent the renewal in April they were £100+ more than the previous year and refused to budge but would price match any quote I took to them :rolleyes: I got a very good quote from Tesco and went to them why should MM get the business for all my hard work and Tesco offered a good price so got the business :thumbsup:

It really makes me mad because the last accident I had was over 20 years ago and not my fault so goodness only knows Churchill's reasoning or MM not points for loyality.

And yet the home insurance renewal with Churchill was daft and one phone call and they halved it so they kept my business :rolleyes:

AliceK
26-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I am with MM. They seem to be OK with their price but the main reason I went with them was because having a 7 seater car I need to know that in event of an accident I am guaranteed a like-for-like courtesy car not end up with some silly 3 door hatchback to transport 6 kids around in. All the other companies said they would "do their best" but that's not good enough, I needed a guarantee and MM can guarantee that :thumbsup:

xxxx