View Full Version : Tax return

02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone

I registered as self employed on the 14/4/08 sorted out my NI which is been taken out my bank by direct debit. I have had a tax return sent me for april 2007 to april 2008, I phoned my local tax office and they said they get someone to ring me back. Never got a phone call back surely i don't need to fill in a tax return for 2007/2008 when i wasnt self employed ??? How do i sort it out they never returned my call

Straws x

02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
You need to ring them back and keep pestering them.

They have obviously got something wrong...........

Unless you keep pestering them it won't be resolved!

02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Like Dee says... pester.

They might want you to fill in a form saying you didn't earn anything, so it's worth checking! :D

02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
yes ring back and tell them you need an answers :)

06-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Update well they phoned back after I phoned them again and i don't have to fill it in phewwwww

straws x