PDA

View Full Version : putting fees up

lulubelle
25-04-2012, 09:41 AM
i desperatly need to put my fees up after realising i make next to no profit, also while i was off over easter i realised my average food bill doubles when i am minding all week. i currently charge £4p/h which includes all meals, i know £4p/h is average around here (west sussex) but most minders charge for meals which i dont. i am considering a rise of 50p p/h but still include all meals or £1 for breakfast/lunch £2 for dinner.

i really dont want to risk upsetting/loosing parents (1 relies on grants from uni) but which do you think will work better/sound fairer, to me 50p per hour sounds a lot but it is also easier than having to add on all the meals etc.

ps maybe i also need to stop buying so many resources! lol

Goatgirl
25-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi :),
I recently told parents I had been considering putting up my hourly rate as costs had risen so much lately and I'd not put fees up since i was registered in 2008, but decided instead to ask parents to send a packed lunch, as that was my highest expense. They took this very well :thumbsup:

Hope it goes well for you too.

best wishes,
Wendy :)

JCrakers
25-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I put my prices up 50p two years ago from £3 to £3.50. Everyone was fine about it :D

I would add though that if I was doing this job for no profit I wouldnt do it. I work so hard and everyone on here does but if I was earning nothing or putting it all back in then I would seriously look at my finances and cut down on what I was spending.
I keep my expenses down and try to get second hand toys/bugys etc because if I was spending all my wages on resources i wouldnt have any money to spend on myself and my family

Debster
25-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Just explain to parents that the cost of food has gone up they will understand they are faced with the same issues I would say that you will start charging for food or if they prefer to they can bring a packed lunch. mos cm in my area charge 2.10 for lunch the same as school dinners. I ask all mindees to bring lunch it saves me time and money and hassle of making lunch

~Grasshopper~
25-04-2012, 10:07 AM
hi

this week i have put my prices up by 50p an hour, £5 per day and the 2 parents ive told so far have said they dont blame me. i made £2500 profit last year :( so i really need to spend less and earn more.

x

lulubelle
25-04-2012, 03:53 PM
well i have typed a letter up today and will see what they all say!