PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of the rain now :(

JCrakers
25-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Ughh...Fed up of getting rained on again this morning and it will still be going strong at pick up time. Wish this rain would ease off :angry:
Got absolutely drenched this morning. 3yr old did arrive with brolly and wellies but I opted for the buggy as its quicker. She did want to use her brolly, bless her, but its so windy too and the pace she walks at we would be extra drenched walking down and back again

now to dry off :rolleyes:

nipper
25-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Well my three year old mindee arrived in tights, what can only be described as a party dress, a nice pair of flashy shoes BUT no flippin wellies. I haven't stocked up on spare wellies yet so she got absolutely soaked on the school run. It was too windy for a brolly, the wind would have ripped it out of her hands.

Don't parents look out of the window before they leave the house. I have enough trying to make sure my two have the right gear before we leave for school.

stargazer1
25-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Just a quick hijack of this post as I was pondering this this morning. Is it reasonable to ask all parents to send wellies and rainmac, or is it just easier to buy spares? I am being registered next week and the week after I will have six some days, two of my own so I know they have rain macs and wellies. But is it easierto buy four other sets of waterproofs in varying ages rather than to rely on the parents sending them? I have a seven seater car but the school I will be doing school run to is only a 5 min walk and tbh by the time Ive loaded the kids in the car and out the other end, it will probably be quicker to walk!! x

JCrakers
25-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Just a quick hijack of this post as I was pondering this this morning. Is it reasonable to ask all parents to send wellies and rainmac, or is it just easier to buy spares? I am being registered next week and the week after I will have six some days, two of my own so I know they have rain macs and wellies. But is it easierto buy four other sets of waterproofs in varying ages rather than to rely on the parents sending them? I have a seven seater car but the school I will be doing school run to is only a 5 min walk and tbh by the time Ive loaded the kids in the car and out the other end, it will probably be quicker to walk!! x

I would just ask the parents to make sure the children have weather appropiate clothing/boots etc. but from experience a lot of parents forget or just dont bother. :(
Having a spare set is always handy but its a pain storing them or even having a set of the right sized boots etc. Maybe second hand coats/boots would be cheaper than new stuff unless you can pick up some cheap things. I dont really have space for boots etc. I do have a bag of spare clothes for accidents but these are my own childrens old clothes.

cara1235
25-04-2012, 09:03 AM
HATE SCHOOL RUNS in the rain:angry: Especially when the one parent i have this morning dropped off in the car and brought her pram in folded up, i put the pram straight into my boot so it would be easier to get to school ( my prams are all kept in cabin at bottom of my garden) anyway arrive at school with mindee and my dd get pram out and mindee gets in bend down to get raincover and guess what?????????? no B****y raincover:angry::angry:
So i now have one very wet mindee who has now been put into his pj's as his clothes are drying on the radiator!!

Helen Dempster
25-04-2012, 10:02 AM

My parents all provide wellies/rain macs to keep here, just in case. Then it's my job to let them know when they've grown out of them, and they then provide more :)

kel1983
25-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Lukily there is 2 of us so 1 (mainly cominder :laughing:) does the school run while the other stays in the dry with lo's

I hate this weather. Its boring staying in all day with the lo's. Yesterday was dry so we did make it out to the woods and the last half hour has been dry so they have been out to play under the gazebo but it then suddenly poured down and turned really cold so back in doors now watching Handy Manny before lunch then sleep time. Oh how I love sleep time.

candlequeen
25-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes I provide parents with a list of items to provide which includes a rainmac and wellies for all children over 12 months

chez
25-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I provide the wellies and the Puddle Suits for all mindees as well as hats scarfs gloves sun hats (not that we will need these at this rate) and bags with regins. I also provide the buggies, wipes, and bottles!

If I provide I know Ive got them and if they arent there I only have myself to blame. However I do not have my own children and my partner is also a childminder so I can understand when your own children need space and the OH is moaning that minding is taking over the house how its not the best option.