PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit overwhelmed with paperwork!

butterfly
25-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I've just take on 3 new EYFS children taking my total to 10 EYFS children plus a couple of after schoolies. I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed with all the paperwork though! Contracts, info forms, permissions, all about me books to file etc and then observations to keep on 10 children!

I use Nobleminder so the process of observations is quite easy but I feel like I'm just keeping my head above water all the time and I don't have more time to do some of the other things I want to achieve!

I probably get about 30 mins at this time of day and about an hour after lunch to myself but by the time i've sorted the dishwasher, chucked in some washing and made a drink - time is nearly up!

Cammie Doodle
25-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Wow 10 :eek: I struggle with 5 in the EYFS , but I have decided I was repeating things ie daily diary / look what I did today sheets , so therefore I'm in the process of rethinking my paperwork and going to have a massive cull ( mind you I have been saying that for months now lol) hope someone comes along to help you
June

jumpinjen
25-04-2012, 06:35 AM
One quick tip before my day gets into full swing - are you doing obs proportionate to the amount of time the child spends with you? As in if they are there only two mornings, are you doing one or two, then more for the child with you three full days? Or are you trying to do loads for every child regardless? Look at how you can streamline what you do now so you still have evidence but it isn't killing you!

HTH, Hugs, Jen x

JCrakers
25-04-2012, 08:30 AM
10....woah...Ive got 6 ey and find it hard to find the time. I keep the obs simple. Just a sentance or two with a photo and I do these once a month regardless of how many days they attend. Then link them to the areas of dev and add next steps. I keep it simple and Ofsted inspection was good.

I take a lot of photos to put in the journeys and next to each photo I write a little caption 'Here I am pouring water on the patio and making footprints' then on a small sticker I write either CLL,PSED,PD etc.
Also if I notice any wow moments I jot it down on a post it and date it and stick it in journey.

I dont do any paperwork out of hours so I wait until the children are having free play or sleeping and catch up on a little a couple of times a week.

Maybe the best thing to do it a little, often and keep it simple. Ofsted were fine with mine, but with 10 ey kids you cant really do anything more. :D

Pandypops
25-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I have 7 EY children and also feel bogged down, even though I have streamlined and I do obs proportionate to the amount of time they are here.

I now do fortnightly individual plans and one obs a fortnight, but it still seems like a lot... I wish I could find the time to do it during working hours, but it's always evenings and weekends. I wouldn't mind as much, but the parents don't even seem to mind.

I do daily diaries and I despise them - the parents never comment and it's just everything i have told them at pick-up. Hopefully, I can scrap these soon without too much fuss!