PDA

View Full Version : One of my parents is advertising on childcare.co.uk

buzzy bee
24-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I told her last week I'm pregnant, but she would have been leaving in September anyway as she goes to secondary school which I don't do a pick up from.

Her ad says she wants someone to start ASAP.

I'm gutted - I can't afford to lose her!! I've already lost 2 kids this year and I can't replace them because I'm going on maternity leave in September so no one's going to want me just for a couple of months.

I need every penny I can get over the next few months.

:panic:

jadavi
24-04-2012, 07:02 PM
so sorry - a horrible way to find out. hugs xx

muffins
Thats pants! I would have a chat to her, say you have seen her add and wait see what she says! It maybe shes worried you may need extra time off for appointments or worried she maybe left in lurch if you are sick and need sick days, at least then you can talk it through & discuss your plans in more detail. Maybe have a back up childminder for emergencies.

I will be telling mine I'm expecting soon as although I'm only 7wks I have bumpage already and ears will wag!

Hope you can sort it out with her x

Mouse
Oh dear :(

Do you know any childminders who could have the child when you are ready for them to leave? You could then go to mum and say you have seen her advert and thought you would tell her that you know of a cm who would be able to have her child from X date, and how you'd be more than happy to have him until then and help with his transition to the new person?

breezy
24-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Talk to mum and as Mouse said see if you can get minder for when you finish work and help transition.