PDA

View Full Version : Conservatory - Do I tell Ofsted?

donnahay0
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I am about to give the go ahead to have a conservatory built. Can anybody tell me if I need to tell Ofsted before they go ahead or can I just do it after completion?

Thanks

berkschick
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I think but Im not totally sure that you should inform OFSTED before you start the works and include risk assesments etc. I dont know if you HAVE to do this or if it is just good practice.

breezy
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
If you currently have mindees you need to inform ofsted first and have risk assessment :)

chez1373
02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
You need to tell ofsted about any major changes you make to your house so yes a conservatory is a major change also you would need it adding on to your reg cert xx

Pipsqueak
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I concur with the above!!!

Ofsted are probably wondering just how big our extension is - I informed them last year about it and have sent anything in regarding completion (the work is still ongoing - hubs is doing it himself so you'll understand!!! lol )

sarah707
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I did a risk assessment, new fire escape letter, photographs and notes about how I intended to use the space and sent it in a ltter to Ofsted.

They replied with written permission for me to use it for childminding... until I got that letter it had to stand empty.

It took about 3 weeks and I had to chase them as they lost the risk assessment :rolleyes:

angeldelight
03-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Good luck Donna

Angel xx

lizzymoonshine
03-06-2008, 08:15 AM
yes good luck, have a word with them and get it from the horses mouth. :)

vix84
03-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Ive just had a cons. put up and rang Ofsted before to say this was my plans and should I send in a leter etc. and they just said send in leter and risk assesment when completed. But Id do one before just incase - I didnt just because Im now on mat. leave so never got to use if for c.minding

donnahay0
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your replies. I think I shall call Ofsted tomorrow just to get it right. I was due my inspection anytime from April and as it is possible I could still get one at anytime I had better get it right.

Thanks Sarah - I will do the risk assesment which I will find straight forward, what I don't know what I can do about is the workmen that will come backwards and forwards. Where possible they can go round via my neighbours garden.

Anyway, Ofsted should be pleased that I am providing the children with a better space as I will be able to have more toys out for choice.