PDA

View Full Version : Notice just given..

Jelly Baby
24-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Wondered if someone could help.

I have a mum whos child i have mon, tue, thurs and fri. I have juts been given notice as she is moving and am confusing myself with what her last day is.

4 weeks so do i do it as today which would be the 15th of May or for the week which would be the 18th? have so much on i cant think straight and has come a bit out of the blue!
Thanks

love381
24-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I would do it as the 15th May - that's how my 4 weeks work. If you have the space available, check with mum when she would like her last day to be! x

Jelly Baby
24-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks thought so! Am in the middle of sorting moving myself, packing for a holiday and have Ofsted looming so just another stressful thing to add to my list!
Thanks

rickysmiths
24-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks thought so! Am in the middle of sorting moving myself, packing for a holiday and have Ofsted looming so just another stressful thing to add to my list!
Thanks

Just to note that if your holiday is between now and 15th then you extend the last date for attendance/payment by the time of the holiday because you can't include holiday in a notice period.

Jelly Baby
26-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I was going to charge her full for 3 of the weeks and half for mine as i'm away I have a feeling shes ging to do a runner anway but we will see!
Thanks

miffy
26-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I was going to charge her full for 3 of the weeks and half for mine as i'm away I have a feeling shes ging to do a runner anway but we will see!
Thanks

Depends what you have written on your contracts - NCMA always said that the notice period should not include any holidays or paid time off on either side.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and what you're happy with.

Miffy xx