PDA

View Full Version : What does your sickness policy say?

Tippy Toes
24-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi All

My policy states that I will except child if they have a cold/cough but they have to be well in themselves.

Thinking I may need to update me policy - put more detail in as to when I wont be able to accept them.

I'm feeling very unwell this wk after looking after a little one last wk who was really ill and should not of been here really but parents kept sending. I have to keep working as I don't want to let parents/family's down and also I need to money/cant afford to close.

Little one was given calpol before attending last wk and parent asked me to give calpol when child was here which I did. Do you accept children who need calpol to make them feel well?

At Christmas my 3 year old was very ill all of Christmas day, she had me up all Christmas night and the both of us stayed in bed all day boxing day, her from being ill,me from exhaustion! The days before Christmas I was looking after a little one who again was very ill and parents should not have brought her but they did! Resulted in our family Christmas being spoilt, and my little boy (6) having to spend it mainly with his dad :(

Would any one mind letting me have a look at their sickness policy? Just to get some ideas? I would really appreciate it.

AgentTink
24-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Here is a link to a thread I started about some information I include in my sickness policy. It might help you.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=98354

stargazer1
24-04-2012, 12:41 PM
This is what I have drafted (being registered next week). My inspector says its good but would be grateful for any views.

The Juggler
24-04-2012, 12:41 PM
i think what you have in your policy should be sufficient but of course it is not because parents don't always abide by it.

I would say list all your exclusions to colds, d&v etc, etc then in bold write

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD IF ANY OF THE ABOVE APPLIES BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE NOTHING WORSE FOR YOU OR YOUR CHILD IF YOU ARRIVE AND I HAVE TO SEND YOU BACK HOME BECAUSE I CAN'T ACCEPT YOUR CHILD. PLEASE DO NOT PUT ME IN THAT POSITION. :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
25-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your help xx Greatly appreciated x