PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

VeggieSausage
24-04-2012, 07:11 AM
I got an appointment through last Friday to have a lump removed from my mouth on Friday 4 May. anyway I have one lo that day so advised parents that I could either have the day/morning off - appointment is at 11.30 and it will take 45 mins to get there and 45 mins back - or take him with me as dh is driving me there so he could wait in the waiting room as I popped in. Anyway they have come back with they will drop lo in the morning come and pick him up before I go and then drop him back when I get back. I don't want to do this, it means that I have to worry about being late back, I didn't want to tell them what I was having done so just said I was getting a mouth ulcer removed and was very minor, it is actually a hard lump that is being removed urgently and I will need stitches and may have swollen face etc so don't want to see them straight afterwards, I underplayed it to be as accomodating to them as possible. What shall I say/do?

kellib
24-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Can you not tell them you have been advised not to work straight after it as you may be drowsy etc?

wendywu
24-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I would be honest with them about what you are having done.

Then give them the choice of taking the day off or bringing him as normal but not to drop and pick up. :)

ziggy
24-04-2012, 07:18 AM
i'm having similar thing done on friday and not knowing how i will feel after i took day off

I think it would be best to either take day off or explain what you're having done

Bridey
24-04-2012, 07:22 AM
They have obviously been led by you just suggesting for the morning off or offering to still have their child.

When I had a tiny lump removed from my head (no, not my brain :D) I wasn't even allowed to drive home myself as I could have gone into shock.

I don't think you should be working afterwards at all to be honest.

I think you need to say to them that you have spoken to the hospital today and you have been told that you will be having stitches and will need to rest afterwards so even though you were hoping to work, it looks like you won't be in a position to do so.

Concentrate on yourself for the day x

mama2three
24-04-2012, 07:23 AM
They wont know how severe , and you originally asked for the morning off so you would still have had lo afterwards. they probably think theyre doing you a favour!
You dont need to go into detail , just say you hadnt realised but after speaking to the doc you may be stitched and swollen - and feel its better to take the day / afternoon off.

jane5
24-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I would take the rest of the day off,
I had some thing similar done and thought I would be ok after and only had my own child, but when I came out of the room I burst into tears because I felt as if I had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson,
The procedure was very quick and local anaesthetic but I didnt expect to feel so worn out :(
I went home to bed.

Bridey
24-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Oh and good luck with the op VS. I hope it all turns out to be nothing to worry about x

VeggieSausage
24-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone - will speak to them at pick up....may make up a little white lie and say i have had a letter from the hospital regarding appointment and seems more involved than I thought so will need to cancel for the day, hopefully they'll be ok with that :)

Better get everyone up and get ready for the school run :panic: