PDA

View Full Version : RAG looked after children

jadavi
24-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Good morning. I wonder if anyone can help me soon as I have my inspection today at ten.
For my RAG rating I got a red for the section on looked after children as not having anything in place. Can anyone tell mecwhat this is?
We are actually trained foster parents!
I think it's something as simple as having it included in my inclusion policy, ( which it now is)
Can anyone throw light on this for me?

Cheers

helengreen13
24-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi, I've got my ragging tomorrow and really nervous and wondered if you could tell me more about what it involves. All I know is that my DO has asked for an hour and a half of my undivided attention. I was given some paperwork but, truthfully, don't understand it all :blush: and am working 6am to 8.30pm and have my three children to look after. X really have tried my best so if I do get red or Amber in some area is there a consequence.

Helen

sarah707
24-04-2012, 10:02 AM
RAG is in place to help and support you - it is part of your Local Authority requirements, nothing to do with Ofsted.

Anything that comes up red or amber should give you ideas for enhancing your provision in the future.

Jadavi I am not sure what to do about looked after children - maybe just a note in your inclusion policy?

Hth

Little Pickles
24-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Sorry I might be being a bit thick but what is a RAG please?

sarah707
24-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry I might be being a bit thick but what is a RAG please?

Red amber green test for whether you have the right paperwork / resources etc in place.

Some local authorities use them as a kind of audit of provision ... some don't :D