PDA

View Full Version : ICO

handeme
23-04-2012, 07:03 PM
This was never covered in my initial training, do we have to register?

moggy
23-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes, if you use a digital camera in any way or put photos through your computer you need to register. Only way to avoid is to use an old film camera and have photos developed like the old days.

There are Q&As on their website:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/faqs/notification.aspx#f716982D9-43FB-42D7-91D2-265C69C72AF7

primula
23-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I think I have my stupid hat on! what do they do? I cant seem to work it out exactly... Is it that the (I.C.O) keep you on a list that you keep records and/or take photos and keep them on the on the computer? So IF I store photos and LJ's etc for example and something happens to my computer and that information is compromised am I protected if I am sued? Or do they represent the person that the data is about??? Is that what we have to pay for?

sarah707
24-04-2012, 09:50 AM
I think I have my stupid hat on! what do they do? I cant seem to work it out exactly... Is it that the (I.C.O) keep you on a list that you keep records and/or take photos and keep them on the on the computer? So IF I store photos and LJ's etc for example and something happens to my computer and that information is compromised am I protected if I am sued? Or do they represent the person that the data is about??? Is that what we have to pay for?

They don't do anything or keep anything about you except your registration details.

They don't represent you or anyone else in case of loss or damage of information.

You are paying to stay within the law when using a digital camera or computer for your business - no other reason that I can find.

Hth :D

sophia36
24-04-2012, 01:21 PM
When you register do you get a certificate or any sort of confirmtion? I registered about 6 weeks ago and haven't had anything back yet

sarah707
24-04-2012, 04:43 PM
When you register do you get a certificate or any sort of confirmtion? I registered about 6 weeks ago and haven't had anything back yet

I have a registration certificate from them. If yours doesn't arrive give them a call and ask for a replacement :D

sophia36
24-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks Sarah