PDA

View Full Version : Gloves for nappy changes

LittleLegsCM
23-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

How many of you use gloves when doing nappy changes? Up until now I haven't, I just wash & sanitise my hands before & after each change which I was told was fine with ofsted. However, as of tomorrow I will have 3 LOs in nappies a day and I'm thinking disposable gloves will be easier.

Would you say it saves you time or are they more hassle? Do you have to get specific 'non allergic' type ones? Where's the cheapest place to get them?

Thank you xx

nipper
23-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't for wet nappies but do for soiled ones.

AliceK
23-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I never used to until I got a mindee who's nappies were completely awful. Now it's a habit, I always use them for all pooey nappies but don't for wet ones.

xxxx

Mouse
23-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I never used to until I got a mindee who's nappies were completely awful. Now it's a habit, I always use them for all pooey nappies but don't for wet ones.

xxxx

Same here, except I use 2 gloves for a pooey nappy and one for a wet one.

Bridey
23-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Always, always!!

I get mine via mail order or from ebay. Its handy to have a box around for other jobs too.

Someone posted on here last week that Ofsted picked up on her not using gloves.

EmmaReed84
23-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't use gloves but thinking I may need to as my hands are drying out so much with 3 children in nappies all day EVERYDAY! My knuckles are so sore and cracked, used to have such lovely hands lol

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Always for other people's children. I get my gloves from Costco.

LittleLegsCM
23-04-2012, 12:27 PM
That's what I was thinking Emma! I have 1 mindee and my own boy in nappies at the moment but with another starting tomorrow I'm thinking I might be better off! Sanitising spray/lotion is drying my hands out so much I'm going through extra hand cream lol thinking gloves will hopefully be cheaper!! Lol x

kel1983
23-04-2012, 12:51 PM
we use gloves for solied nappy's. We get a big box of gloves from the market

Beetlejuice
23-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm another who gets mine in bulk on ebay. Bought 1000 pairs last time but can't remember how much they were - do a search for them and you will find loads of people sell them. I have terrible eczema so I use them to stop me having to scrub my hands so much. I've also started using them for cooking after a nice 'cut up a chilli and try to take out a contact lens' moment!:eek: Chillis and onions always stay on my hands no matter how I scrub them lol

BucksCM
23-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Going against the trend here...but I don't use gloves...never have.
I offer "home from home care". I didn't use gloves on my children and don't on others. I do wash/sanitise and go through hand cream like it's going out of style...but I don't use gloves. I've survived 18 yeards of childcare without using them!

onceinabluemoon
23-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, I use them, can't stand getting poo on my hands, it makes me want to hurl

Get mine from SJA shop or from Lloyds chemist (cheaper from SJA).

cathtee
23-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't use gloves just wash with anti-bac and hot water and dry with kitchen roll, never had any problems, Its the smell of nappies that bother me more:eek:

Rosy Days
23-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi all, thinking of getting some myself. If I remember rightly, can some children get an allergic reaction certain ones? Which type are best? :) x