PDA

View Full Version : Max numbers with one toilet? And help needed with variation form.

ragdolly
23-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I am in the process of getting an assistant - found the right person, and am sending her forms off today. Ofsted told me to register my husband so that I can apply for a variation right away, and get my assistant working faster as to wait for her to be approved and then apply for a variation could slow things down. So am getting this in motion, but now looking at the variation form I'm not sure where to start

Just filling in the variation form - don't know where to start, i'm worried i'll not give enough info - keen to avoid a visit, but as I have not yet had my first inspection, I assume they would visit to take measurements etc? What level of detail are they looking for for the sections on planning and equipment?

Also they want names and ages of children I plan to care for, but I don't know yet - i have several prospective families, but no firm names, so how can I list them??

I noticed it said that every 10 children over 2 need a toilet - does this include my own children? I only have one upstairs toilet!

Thanks for any help, this is new round for me and not sure where to start!

michelle

The Juggler
23-04-2012, 01:10 PM
never come across that before :panic: but I've never had more than 9 here at one time.

I would double check with ofsted hon:thumbsup:

sarah707
23-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Are you looking at the revised Eyfs (2012 version) for that number?

3.59 Providers must ensure there is an adequate number of toilets and hand basins available (usually one toilet and one hand basin for every ten children over the age of two).

I have no idea how it will be translated for a childminder who cares for say 12 children with another childminder.

I think you need to contact Ofsted for advice :D

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Not sure how you can be applying for a Variation if you don't know who the children you are going to have are. Are you confusing with asking for higher numbers when working with an assistant?

ragdolly
24-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi,

Yes what I'm trying to do is add an assistant and increase availability. I spoke to ofsted and they think they've sent me the wrong form. It is specifically for chikdminders, but they said the part about toilets doesn't apply thankfully. Really confused about what form I need now though! They said to just write a letter requesting my.husband as an assistant, but when I did that, they wrote saying to fill out an ey2, which of course is already done!

More than a little confused!

Michelle