PDA

View Full Version : Numbers question regarding rising 5's

sarahjane
23-04-2012, 06:18 AM
I have 2 sisters for this term only at the moment (but mum hopes to get a permanent job, she teaches). The eldest will be 4 in June and so going into school in September.
At the moment she is in a private nursery that feeds into a private school where she will attend. She goes to nursery on the days I have her sister apart from a week at beginning of term and 2 weeks at the end as their terms are shorter.
This term numbers have allowed me to accommodate this as I am quiet, however come Sept I should in theory have a new one starting so will be over numbers if I have the sister.
So, if she's 4 but in full time ed, but doesn't come to me at any time other than these few weeks will she count in my under 5's?

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 06:52 AM
As long as she is attending 10 sessions a week so therefore is going to school 5 full days a week she will count in your over 5 numbers. Until that time she is still in your Early Years numbers.

littlecheeks
23-04-2012, 11:12 AM
you can count the 4 year old in full time ed as an over 5 number, but remember to inform ofsted and get this condition put on your registation certificate. x