PDA

View Full Version : Watch oushchairs falling back nsvk

jadavi
22-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Nasty accident Friday when a toddler climbed onto my phil and teds with the above seat in recline mode. He looked over the back and fell forward on his face causing a nasty cut lip and lots of blood and tears. Could've smashed his forehead and been much worse.
Really shook me up. Will never leave it in recline mode again. Wanted to pass on the caution. Parent told me three wheelers are known for that....

Anyone know how to get the blood out ? :(

muffins
22-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Glad it wasn't worse for him, bless hope it heals quickly x

Sorry I have no idea how to remove blood but sure you can get special stain removers for that?

As for your buggy being in reclined possition I would have thought it would have tipped whatever possition it was in as with a toddler climbing in it would have been top heavy, same as it wouldn't have made any difference it being 3 or 4 wheels!

Bridey
22-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Any pushchair would tip up with a toddler in it positioned so they could look over the back seat. I don't think the pushchair is to blame here. I never let children use my pushchair to climb on.

rickysmiths
22-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I agree with Bridey on this one. I don't think it is the pushchair make that has a lot to do with it. I would never leave a buggy out where a child could climb into it without me asking them too and supervising them.

Cold water for blood.

jadavi
22-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks, right this is a new one for the RA.

Do you collapse your pushchairs then? I have three in my long hall with their various coats, changing bags draped over them. I could leave them outside but the weather is dodgy... what do other people do?

Bridey
22-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks, right this is a new one for the RA.

Do you collapse your pushchairs then? I have three in my long hall with their various coats, changing bags draped over them. I could leave them outside but the weather is dodgy... what do other people do?

I too have a long hallway but its quite narrow. I have fitted an ikea wooden childgate fixed to the wall. Its on hinges and can be hooked back flat to the wall when not in use. One side of the gate is the rest of the house and downstairs loo. On the other side is the stairs, front door, coats, shoes and pushchairs. The children do not have free access to that part.

If you cannot do this then what about a gate from whichever living area you use that opens onto the hallway?

Can I ask why you have three? After all, you can only push one at a time can't you? ;) If these are the parents pushchairs that they use to deliver and collect the children then yes, I would collapse them and pile all the coats and bags onto the one pushchair I was keeping to use to stop children being able to climb on it.

rickysmiths
22-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Are these parents buggies? I will not store buggies for parents because I don't have the room for three of four lined up. If they have to leave them they have to provide a waterproof cover and they are left outside at their own risk I also recommend they purchase a smaller more compact umbrella fold buggy.

If your parents have to leave them then if you have room outside you can get a bike storage tent quite cheaply that you can put them in and you can take down the tent when not in use.

I never have a buggy up inside the house unless it is being slept in or it is standing in the walk in shower because we have got soaked when out walking!

I don't have bags every day either, I sound horrible don't I!!! I have baskets under the children's coat hooks for them to put changes of clothes and shoes etc and these stay with me and are replaced when used, then when I am on holiday all the clothes etc are returned for size checking etc and come back afterwards. I was sick of piles of bags all over my hall. I provide wipes etc and the parents give me a large bag of nappies and I have a cupboard now that I can store them in, before that they were all in a large Really Useful Box in the garage.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=1673948

http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=200407&pf_id=LS3463D&co=fr&gclid=CMbHt_iXyK8CFQ1lfAodo08OZQ

Monkey26
22-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Ooh I like the look of the tent thing!! Been looking for a waterproof shed to store MY buggies and car seats when not in use so maybe this would be a good alternative...? x

singlewiththree
22-04-2012, 10:28 AM
I've got one of these http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Plastic-Storage/Keter-Store-it-Out-Storage-Box

kel1983
22-04-2012, 10:38 AM
One little one of ours climbed into the back seat of the P & T and it tipped. Afetr seeing this happen I make sure the pushchair is either out of reach of the children or folded down. Lukily the little one moved her hands quick enough becuase otherwise she would have squashed them.

I agree with everyone above. 4 wheeled pushchairs can tip just as easy. We have 2 lo's come in pushchairs. lukily we have space in our dining room and if really need the space we collapse them down. Bags are also lined up neatly in the dining room where they can not be tripped over.

rickysmiths
22-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Ooh I like the look of the tent thing!! Been looking for a waterproof shed to store MY buggies and car seats when not in use so maybe this would be a good alternative...? x

I don't think i would want to use it as a permanent store to be honest because you might find during the winter or in damp weather you would get mould on the fabric of the buggies and seats. As a day to day place to dump them while you are working it would be great.

I looked at getting one last year because a parent kept bringing a monster of a buggy and tried to insist I kept it indoors :rolleyes: I do have room but I said I did not leave my buggies up and I would not leave this up and it actually upset their little one to see it there. I gave the family notice within the first four weeks so I didn't get one!

EmmaReed84
22-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I have one pushchair and it is stored in the boot of my car. No way do I want yukky muddy wheels all over my floor. I have a big plastic sheet so it protects my boot and it saves space. I only have one pushchair as someone else commented... I can only push one at a time lol.

BucksCM
22-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I have 3 pushchairs!!
1 single umbrella -easy to fit in car
Double-recent addition as I have in the last month started with an 8mo and already have an 18mo.
And one heavy one that 18mo mum gave me to use as her lo had his daytime naps in it (it lay fully back) She didn't want me to put him in a cot, says she doesn't at home in the day. Although, now, after a chat, he does sleep in a travel cot as he's got too big really for the buggy....and new mum doesn't want her lo in a cot in the day!! So swapped around...18mo in cot and 8mo now it pushchair in lounge!!

All are stored in my tiny porch folded...but first paycheck from new lo and I'm getting a store for outside!:D

jadavi
22-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I have a long skinny corridor that comes thru into a diner/kitchen. no separate dining room, we use that for another playroom which we call the study.

All the kids have permission to sleep in buggies in my hall. I use a phil and ted for when I need two to go out, a reclining Graco for a single child and a mclarens double for the car etc. one of the pushchairs was a mum's but i can ask her to bring an umbrella one.... I am having babies now so will look into getting a room registered upstairs with a cot..... can feasibly collapse them but couldnt put the phil and ted up the other day as it jammed and I'm scared of collapsing it now!!

Very much appreciate all your thoughts .
Tried oxy action for the blood and acc to my scientist hubby have locked the blood in for ever!!

ja

PixiePetal
22-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Nasty accident Friday when a toddler climbed onto my phil and teds with the above seat in recline mode. He looked over the back and fell forward on his face causing a nasty cut lip and lots of blood and tears. Could've smashed his forehead and been much worse.
Really shook me up. Will never leave it in recline mode again. Wanted to pass on the caution. Parent told me three wheelers are known for that....

Anyone know how to get the blood out ? :(

Exactly the same happened to my mindee a while back

It was up in the kitchen as we were going out straight after child was dropped off. Dad had just left and I turned to get the bag to put in buggy. The seat was reclined from the day before and he climbed in and it tipped back, splitting his chin

Dad was called back and he took him to A&E to be glued up.

Buggy is now left in porch to be loaded up :thumbsup: