PDA

View Full Version : Hauck Duett Pushchair

samb
21-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I did so much research before buying my buggy off ebay last year and I have really been showing it off to anyone that would listen from parents and childminders, to the children and even old ladies who have commented when I have been using it in the "pram mode"!

But... I have started to have trouble with it! Does anyone else have one and how do you find it?

I have been using it for nearly a year without any trouble at all. But this last week it has been so horrible to push! The front wheels keep going in different directions when they are set to swivel. The first few times I pulled the buggy back and pushed forward again which straightened them up and it was fine. But towards the end of the week it was so bad that I had to hold my hands down the sides of the handle rather than the top bar and push really hard down to make it go straight! Obviously this was a pain and hurt my wrists and arms. And I was only using it with the top seat too (although with a heavy 2 yr old). I had taken him to the market to choose some fruit but it was such a pain I had to leave staright after getting fruit as it was just too much for my arms! I keep checking the locks in case 1 of the wheels has locked and therefore causing the problem but it hasn't.

I really don't want to be buying a new buggy again! It was hard enough to get my oh to agree to me buying a new car seat the other day!

Any ideas as to what might be the solution to my problem???

Mouse
21-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I looked into these and was put off by some of the reviews.

I noticed that they were discontinued shortly after their release, but then started to appear again. Makes you wonder what the problem was? I did read that a lot of people had probelms with taking the lower seat off and with folding it. I don't remember reading anything about the wheels though.

Where did you buy it from? I would perhaps get back in touch with them and see what they say. Maybe search the internet to find out what the origional problems were. If they were known problems you would probably have a case for asking them to fix it.

Shar
22-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Have you tried giving the wheels a good spray of WD40? This works for me when my wheels start to play up. :idea:

samb
22-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately Mouse I bought it off ebay second hand. It was only 3 months old and the second seat had never been used. The Mum had been bought it as a gift from family but eldest child was 4 and they didn't need a double so sold it and went back to using old buggy. I will have a look at the reviews again - thanks. Sure oh must have WD40 somewhere - will give it a go!

busybee81
02-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi I know this is an old thread I don't k ow of you still have the buggy but I have got the same one and find that if I have a heavy child the wheels do go a bit funny I find if I make sure the child is forward facing this helps take the pressure off the front wheels. Do you know if a buggy board can be used with this pushchair?