PDA

View Full Version : How long do parents normally take to get back to you?

littlewonders
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I had 2 interviews over the weekend. I think both went well, I told them to take the parent pack home and have a think about it. I know one of the two is on holiday now for a fortnight :panic:

I am on edge wondering if I was ok lol, I am more worried about how I came across than whether or not I got the children :laughing:

So how long does it normally take, when have you had your replies?!

foxy lady
02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
i think if they are really interested they will get back to you within a few days, well mine did anyway

SimplyLucy
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I had a parent who didn't get back to me at all. Then 3 weeks after the interview she ran me up and said "I'd like my son to start tomorrow" :eek:

Fortunatly for her I still had the space so it was ok, but she could have been in a spot of bother had I filled it!

Pipsqueak
02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I've (finally - whooooo) had an enquiry - its from a mum who came to see me months ago and then decided to go with a nursery. She rang me last week to see if I still had spaces available. I have rung her back and left a message and now waiting for her to come back to me (but I might try again this afternoon!!!)

littlewonders
02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I've (finally - whooooo) had an enquiry - its from a mum who came to see me months ago and then decided to go with a nursery. She rang me last week to see if I still had spaces available. I have rung her back and left a message and now waiting for her to come back to me (but I might try again this afternoon!!!)

:clapping: Ooh Good Luck!!! x

Wow I hope I don't wait 3 weeks I am already pulling my hair out :laughing:

Pipsqueak
02-06-2008, 10:00 AM
:clapping: Ooh Good Luck!!! x

Wow I hope I don't wait 3 weeks I am already pulling my hair out :laughing:

Good luck to you too Wonders!!!
I would give them a call in a few days if they havn't gotten back to you and ask!

Twinkles
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
good luck to both of you.
I usually find they get back to me within a couple of days. I had one family recently who left it two weeks and then called to say they'd like the space , I had already filled it though !

breezy
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
It does vary from family to family, I think sometimes they dont want to pay a retainer and so chance leaving it til the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to you both though:thumbsup:

littlewonders
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
oooh here is hoping the next few days bring some news then :D

I may phone if not heard anything in a week.

jaja
02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I have had some that sign straight away and some that never got back to me at all. I usually leave it a week then phone to find out. xxx BUT just lately i have had a few who ring and ask for childcare and interview but then never turn up!!! they drive me bonkers!!

Good luck xxx

littlewonders
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
That would drive me bonkers to Jaja!!

Well I have happy news! A couple came to see me yesterday morning re having their 2yo Tuesdays and Thursdays, Mum has just phoned me (so took just over 24 hours :D) to say she would like to come to me!! :eek: :clapping: :clapping:

They are popping round Wed morning to sign contracts and he starts on tuesday!! I am sooo happy and excited! Aww they liked me :blush: lol x

susi513
02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Its lovely when they come back to you quickly. I try and remember to ask if they've got appointments lined up with other childminders as they won't come back to you before they've seen everyone. I then give them a deadline to call me back by (give them about 4 days), but I make clear I'm not holding a place until they return the application form and deposit and that I'm seeing other parents.

I had one lady phone up FOUR MONTHS :eek: later to say she regretted she'd chosen someone else. "I'm so glad" says I "because I don't have a space any more". :p

I've had 5 enquiries for my October space. And none of them are working out - one only wanted care for 3 months, one only wanted 1 day, two want to start before I've got the space and the first one rang at an inconvenient moment and was supposed to ring back to make an appointment but never did. :(

angeldelight
02-06-2008, 07:48 PM
That is great news glad you got the job

Angel xx

charleyfarley
02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
That's great they chose you :clapping: :clapping: It's a lovely feeling isn't it

Carol xx