PDA

View Full Version : Toys for 4/5 year old boys

cs01
20-04-2012, 05:42 PM
What toys are a hit with your 4/5 year old boys? Have got duplo, stickle bricks, play doh, cars, brio train set and a Mobigo games console but think I could do with some more contruction type toys.

Thanks!

BucksCM
20-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Yep to all of the above!
Best thing is get to know them and see where their interests are. I have a pretty lively boy...but he loves hama beads!! Will sit for ages doing them!! They also love it when we do craft activities!

skytvaddict
20-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I have my own DS 4 (just turning 5) and mindee 4 (turns 5 two days after DS). Tonight they played with the pirate ship for ages - mindee also likes Bakugan and Transformers whereas my DS likes Sylvanian families - I think you need to get to know them as they all vary so much. I am not looking forward to seeing what DS gets for his birthday (whole class party) as think it may be a lot of Ben 10, Bakugam type things!

sarah707
20-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Lego, football in the garden, lots of paper to make models and aeroplanes, clay modelling, trains and car tracks, big blocks for building, den making, tennis / bats and balls...

:D

bezi123
20-04-2012, 08:21 PM
I have my own ds just turned 5, he loves anything that involves superheros, mainly bat man, Ben 10, also loves playing with his fort which has knights and horses. I find aslong as he has some figures and cars out he will use he imagination to create all sorts of weird and wonderful senarios and games. He also loves playing board games like snakes and ladders, guess who, smashed potatoe (play doh game), angry birds.

NI MINDER
21-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Glad its not only me who has discovered boys also enjoy hama. Had them out last week and the 3, 4 and 6 year old boy mindees all spent hours doing them........ not that i am complaining ;-)

None of the mummies had ever seen them before and were all tickled with what their wee ones had made and went home to check out ebay to buy their own.

:clapping::clapping:

is there anything else along these lines that anyone has found a hit