PDA

View Full Version : Is my BLOG working?

butterfly
20-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone! I'm looking for anyone who signed up to watch my blog to see whether or not it's working! I've posted 3 entries now but I'm not sure whether members are being told when I post something new?

Everyone's very welcome to have a look! www.playnaturally.co.uk

The Juggler
20-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I haven't got any notifications hon

flowerpots
20-04-2012, 05:08 PM
neither have i. x

butterfly
20-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys! I don't seem to be able to set it up so that you get notifications automatically when I update it :( However I can send emails to everyone so that's what I've done!

QualityCare
20-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I had e-mail 5.30 today to say you had updated and link to blog, just read todays your children seem to be becoming more familiar with using lentils l am wondering if l change mine to often l use rice, shredded paper and macaroni alternately older children do ask for certain things to put in younger ones use whatever resources l put out alongside it.

VeggieSausage
20-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I have had nothing and I signed up...will check I have done it right...

butterfly
20-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I had e-mail 5.30 today to say you had updated and link to blog, just read todays your children seem to be becoming more familiar with using lentils l am wondering if l change mine to often l use rice, shredded paper and macaroni alternately older children do ask for certain things to put in younger ones use whatever resources l put out alongside it.

I did empty my tray today and when i was replacing the cleaned utensils in the treasure basket my children said 'yeah!' because the thought they were having the lentils again! I think they would carry on next week happily but i was thinking of changing the contents to something similar but different iyswim eg macaroni or rice. I'm going to try placing utensils and containers in nearby trays so I don't actually bring them out together in the hope that they learn that they can choose what they use themselves.

Playmate
20-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I had a notification this evening, but all I can see is the home page :(

francinejayne
20-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I haven't had anything? x

butterfly
21-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I had a notification this evening, but all I can see is the home page :(

Can you use the menu to click on to the blog?

JulieA
21-04-2012, 09:30 AM
I have received an email notification today and it does take you to the home page, however the blog button on the top works just fine.

Sounds like fun - I did something similar last year using lentils, rice and beans. I added slotted spoons and funnels and it was interesting to see their faces when some things went through the holes and others didn't. One little boy I had went to collect some diggers to scoop up and make piles.