PDA

View Full Version : Anyone claim carers allowance and childmind?

acorns
20-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I just wanted confirmation from someone who does as to how much of our net profit they take in condsideration when deciding if we can claim this. I called them today and was told they disregard 2/3 of our NET PROFIT and only class the remaining 1/3 as our actual income. Have I been told right? or do they disregard 2/3 of our basic income from parents? I really don't want to carry on claiming when I may end up earning too much this year and be in a position where I have to pay it back. TIA

Beaka
20-04-2012, 03:27 PM
I do and I was told it was 2/3 of income, but I'm still pe-reg at the moment so I haven't any experience of what they actually do. Thay also said they don't limit hours either if you are childminding. xx

sarah707
20-04-2012, 03:45 PM
It is 2/3 of your total income (before expenses) that they take into consideration.

You would have to pay back whatever you earned above their threshold if you earned too much.

Don't forget carers is taxable and needs to go on your tax return as income too :(

Hth :D

acorns
20-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It is 2/3 of your total income (before expenses) that they take into consideration.

You would have to pay back whatever you earned above their threshold if you earned too much.

Don't forget carers is taxable and needs to go on your tax return as income too :(

Thanks, I thought it didn't sound right! Good to know that we only have to pay back what is over the threshold and not the whole lot.

dette
20-04-2012, 05:18 PM
i claim carers allowance and its definitly 2/3 of you total gross income that is disregarded.so you can earn £300 each week (before you discount expences)and they would call it £100.

Lilylulu
21-04-2012, 05:56 AM
can I just ask you girls, do u have to fill out a form with a breakdown of your business expenses for carers allowance with your accounts details or just tell them gross profit, I received a form last week, asking for tonnes of info, so gonna have to get a rush on now to get accounts done as they haven't given me long to get it back to them, 1st week in may :(
I had a letter last year asking for similar, then rang, spoke to someone else who said dont worry cms only need to state gross income, and cancelled the form, only now I've been sent it again!

sarah707
21-04-2012, 06:45 AM
can I just ask you girls, do u have to fill out a form with a breakdown of your business expenses for carers allowance with your accounts details or just tell them gross profit, I received a form last week, asking for tonnes of info, so gonna have to get a rush on now to get accounts done as they haven't given me long to get it back to them, 1st week in may :(
I had a letter last year asking for similar, then rang, spoke to someone else who said dont worry cms only need to state gross income, and cancelled the form, only now I've been sent it again!

They have 2 forms! Just ask them for the short form - it sounds like they sent you the wrong one.

The short form just asks for gross income and a few other bits.

But you do have to get it done quickly they mither for it from the start of April and want it by the end or they stop your money.