PDA

View Full Version : Topic Webs

BuggsieMoo
20-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi All
I have started some topic webs with a view to future planning, and have now drawn a blank as to what I can put on them. I have a handful of ideas on each one, but thought I'd ask you lovely people what you would also put on them and for what areas so that I can add any I do not have. Hope thats ok?

1) Armed Forces
2) Pirates
3) Garden
4) Castles
5) Looking After Yourself
6) Birthdays
7) Mothers Day
8) Fathers Day
9) Cooking
10) Wash Day (i.e laundry and cleaning)
11) Pets
12) Halloween
13) Valentines
14) Christmas
15) Mythical
16) The Library
17) The Shops
18) The Park
19) The Post Office
20) Super Heros
21) In the Jungle
22) Fire Fire!
23) Vehicles
24) People Who Help Us
25) My Family
26) School/Nursery
27) On The Farm
28) Under the Sea

Also open to other ideas for themes as well for children from birth - 10 years old.

Thanks all

BuggsieMoo xx

sarah707
20-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I have just finished writing a series of themed planning around topics similar to those.

I use a combination of different planning ideas...

Continuous provision - setting up the house and garden to follow the topic

Planning for different ages - and how things can be adapted

Outings - and how they can be linked to the themes eg playing spot the postman lol

Books of the week / theme

Song sheets and number rhymes linked to the theme etc.

Sometimes you have to think laterally - some areas work better with one theme and not another.

Hth :D

miffy
20-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow, there's a lot of themes there to ask for ideas for! :laughing:

If you look around the forum you'll probably find ideas for some of them anyway.

If you really want other ideas it might be easier if you have threads for a few of the topics each.

Miffy xx

BuggsieMoo
20-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow, there's a lot of themes there to ask for ideas for! :laughing:

If you look around the forum you'll probably find ideas for some of them anyway.

If you really want other ideas it might be easier if you have threads for a few of the topics each.

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy
Didn't want to unindate the forum with loads of posts :blush: Ive got some ideas like songs I can think of, games, crafts, stories but know that others will have a different knowledge bank and wanted to see what else others can come up with. Even if it was 1 thing iyswim?
I will also have a look around the forum as well like you suggested. xx
Thanks alot xx

BuggsieMoo
20-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I have just finished writing a series of themed planning around topics similar to those.

I use a combination of different planning ideas...

Continuous provision - setting up the house and garden to follow the topic

Planning for different ages - and how things can be adapted

Outings - and how they can be linked to the themes eg playing spot the postman lol

Books of the week / theme

Song sheets and number rhymes linked to the theme etc.

Sometimes you have to think laterally - some areas work better with one theme and not another.

Hth :D

Thanks Sarah707. Im probably attempting to do this at the wrong time - full of cold and a headache. However the idea was in the head - its just putting it on paper :laughing:

Ive copied what you have typed above and when head is less foggy will try looking at it like that x

miffy
20-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Found this link for you - some of your themes are listed here and you might get some ideas from it.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Miffy xx

BuggsieMoo
20-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Found this link for you - some of your themes are listed here and you might get some ideas from it.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Miffy xx

Thank you xx

mama2three
20-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Why not have a look in green members planning share.
That way you can see what others have uploaded , and share yours too. there are already some of the areas you mentioned covered.

BuggsieMoo
20-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Why not have a look in green members planning share.
That way you can see what others have uploaded , and share yours too. there are already some of the areas you mentioned covered.

Oh I didnt know I could do that - how do I get there. Sorry not been a greenie for long x

mama2three
20-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Donkey very kindly organised it. If you cant access it drop her a pm. I know its not open to all , just those who want to share!