PDA

View Full Version : Another pre-reg insp question

FizzysFriends
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Hi

I am only intending to mind before and after school (all day in school hols) as I have a day job 10am - 3pm (although I wouldn't rule out daytime on my days off if it was needed).

But do I need do do policies and have the house ready for younger children also or will they just want to see it safe and policies for school age children?

Also if I say I only want to do before and after school will they just give me a cert for that or would there be an option to have younger ones if I wanted?

Hope someone can make sense of that, I know what I mean its just hard to put it in words.

sue32
02-06-2008, 07:25 AM
You can reg for what you like ie open hours 7-30 to 9-15 and 3 to 6pm or you can get your cert for how many children say you can have and use it to what you like. I am reg for 6 children under 8 so I can do 6 children before and after school if I want or do a mixture with under 5's and school age children, hope this helps

angeldelight
02-06-2008, 07:50 AM
I would leave your options open

Your certificate will say how many you can mind

After that its up to you what hours you work

You will still need policies because your house will need to be safe etc whatever the age of the child

Good luck

Angel xx