PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

mumto2
19-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi all, I know I dont post here very often, but whenever I have I always get good responses, so I hope someone can help this time!! ;) I currently mind a 9 month old boy (hes contracted for tuesday and wednesdays, but because of parents shift work, some weeks he does both days and other weeks it could be either day, if that makes sense?!) Anyway, what I was wondering, if for some reason (its not happened yet!!) parents wanted me to do another day (not a contracted day) instead of the tuesdays and wednesdays, could I do it? (I dont have any other mindees, only him so its not like I would be going over my numbers!!) Does that make sense? Getting myself in a bit of a pickle over this!!! Thanks all in advance, you're all wonderful and full of great advice!!:group hug:

christine e
19-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Of course you can

Cx

jumping j
19-04-2012, 01:18 PM
If you have no other mindees and wouldn't be going over your numbers I don't see a reason why not, and even then you may be able to get a variation on the grounds of continuation of care.
As long as you're happy to swap and change

EmmaReed84
19-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I have a contract for two specific days in the week (Thurs and Fri). I was called several weeks before and advised that I would not be required on the Friday as they are going away, but could I have LO on the Wednesday. I was able to accommodate and advised that because this was not a contracted day that it would be chargable outside the contract and as I would not be required on Friday but I am available that day would be not be refunded. If that makes sense.

Parents were more than happy. As long as these things are outlined in your contract, have been discussed already and you have a policy explaining this (optional but I advise it, others may not)

QualityCare
19-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I swap days for parents if need be but wouldn't charge them for an extra day its no trouble to swap and doesn't put me out.

smurfette
19-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I do this for one of my parents the others all work set days but she works for herself. It works for me because if I need her to change her days for any reason I still get paid for three days so if I need a Tuesday off I might do Friday so dont lose any money. I find she doesn't take the mick with it like if they are going away she won't want different days and Is happy to pay me only if she has a meeting or something but I think only you can decide if this parent will take the mick which is why other minders charge anyway. If it suits you then go ahead!

helengreen13
20-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I have 3 sets of shift workers that never know their days until the week before so they are contracted for 3 days per week, with a minimum set number of hours. X

JulieA
20-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes as long as you don't go over numbers. I think this level of flexibility is a big selling point for childminders. I would charge for the contracted hours and be flexible when she used those hours. As long as this doesn't impact on you as a business then everybody's happy.