PDA

View Full Version : could I be doing something................

emmadines
01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
wrong?? Ive had 3-5 phone calls........all sounding interested but then they fall to nothing..................

Ive only just recieved the forms for "CIS" and they have gone back...... could it be that Im not on this site yet?????

im not yet confident on answering the "work" mobile with the "hello this is cherry orchard etc etc etc":blush: :blush:

bubbly
02-06-2008, 05:49 AM
I've had hardly any enquiries since starting last Dec despite advertising EVERYWHERE. I only have 2 kids and I'm going to be losing one in Sept when she starts school. I don't know what more I can do. I think I'm going to have to give up early next year because I can't survive financially :(

miffy
02-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Hang in there ladies - sometimes it's hard to get started and there's so much other competition these days from nurseries and playgroups etc

Crossing my fingers and hoping you'll both get some work soon

miffy xx

littletreasures
02-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Hope you get something soon. Don't give up hope. People are now starting to think about returning to work as their lo's go up to Nursery or Reception.

littletreasures

angeldelight
02-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Dont give up hope

I always answer my phone normal with just an " hello" then I take it from there

Sometimes you get parents just checking out different things - like where you live do you live close to them - could you work the hours that you want etc etc
It its not anything you are doing wrong

Be patient im sure your turn will come soon

Angel xx

deeb66
02-06-2008, 06:35 AM
As the others have said......

It will happen....you just have to hang on in there!

Good luck.

caza
02-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Sorry I cant offer any advice just wanted to say I have my fingers crossed that things get better for you very soon :)

Splish Splosh
02-06-2008, 07:33 AM
hope things pick up soon for you both.

sue32
02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Thing keep changing so hang in there parents are starting to look for September now and beyond (some parents leave it to the last minute and want you to start like yesterday so keep looking and parents will come along:)

fishbones1
02-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Hang on in there. I'm new to minding as well, I haven't had any interest although not really advertised everywhere yet.

Not starting until august, thats if my reg ever comes through.

Wendy Woo
02-06-2008, 08:25 AM
i had loads of calls like that and eventually work came from them so hang on in there.
I got friendly with some other local childminders aswell and we passs each others numbers around to get each other bussiness, that is worth a try if u have anyone else local
Good luck 2 u all

breezy
02-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Hang in there, it'll pick up, once word gets round that you're in business. Get to know other minders and make yourself known at toddler groups etc, good luck :thumbsup:

Mollymop
02-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I know what you mean about enquiries and nothing comes of them. I have had a few lately and I get excited, they say they will ring me back, etc, but they never do
It's usually the ones that ask if they can see my report when they come to visit me that never ring back, even though I explain that I have had a start up inspection, it seems they don't want me as I haven't had the REAL inspection

Good luck getting some more good enquiries

chez1373
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hang on in there....

I started in Dec too i had 2 mindees from the start and nothing untill 3 weeks ago i am now full its worth the wait..

I never advertised either..

But i did get lots of phone calls that never called back so dont worry you wont be doing anything wrong..

GOOD LUCK XX