PDA

View Full Version : Had my inspection!

kellib
19-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Well I had my first inspection today, lovely lady was only here for 90 minutes, which was long enough for me as both mindees decided that they would do high pitched screaming every time they went near each other! :rolleyes:

I got 4's for all aspects so that's a 'good'. Happy with that for my 1st one, just glad it's over!

Apparently it's now a legal requirement that we use gloves for changing nappies?

jelly15
19-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Well done :clapping:

lauraj
19-04-2012, 12:11 PM
well done:clapping:

moogster1a
19-04-2012, 12:13 PM
well done
BUT the gloves thing is a pile of rubbish. It's not a legal requirement at all. Do these people just make it up as they go along? Get back in touch with her, say thanks fr the input, could you please send a link to the relevant legislation ( should be on Gov.uk) then sit back as it all goes quiet.

Penny1959
19-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Very well done - sorry no idea about wearing gloves in Scotland

Penny :)

kellib
19-04-2012, 12:17 PM
well done
BUT the gloves thing is a pile of rubbish. It's not a legal requirement at all. Do these people just make it up as they go along? Get back in touch with her, say thanks fr the input, could you please send a link to the relevant legislation ( should be on Gov.uk) then sit back as it all goes quiet.

She did say there was something I could download about it but mindees were making a racket so didn't hear properly, defo going to ask for the link!

Might just buy some gloves so I have them here for next time! :D

CH1957
19-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Well done to you.

I should have had my first one today but she didnt turn up, which is a shame as the kids were all well behaved today!! I'll have to worry all weekend about it now until next Tuesday or Thursday!!

kellib
19-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Well done to you.

I should have had my first one today but she didnt turn up, which is a shame as the kids were all well behaved today!! I'll have to worry all weekend about it now until next Tuesday or Thursday!!

Typical!

My inspector phoned to tell me which day and time she was coming.

Thanks everyone :)

Bridey
19-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Well done!

To be honest, I can't imagine why anyone would want to change other people's children's nappies without gloves! Bleuk :D

Twinkle-Toes
19-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Congratulations!!

All your hard work has paid off :thumbsup:

lulubelle
19-04-2012, 05:52 PM
well done, i have mine next week! I always wear gloves for other peoples children anyway!

kellib
19-04-2012, 05:56 PM
well done, i have mine next week! I always wear gloves for other peoples children anyway!

Thanks, I always meant to do so but then never got round to picking some up and then just completely forgot about them! :rolleyes:

Twinkle-Toes
19-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I always meant to do so but then never got round to picking some up and then just completely forgot about them! :rolleyes:

I never have and in my Inspection report is says something like "takes hygiene very seriously and has a robust method for ensuring nappy changing equipment is well cleaned"

As in I wash my hands before/after, babies hands and clean the mat lol

I'm in England tho :)

kats
19-04-2012, 09:18 PM
My inspection was 4 weeks ago and my inspector said it was absolutely fine that i choose not to wear gloves when changing nappies, she didnt have an issue with it at all :)

kellib
19-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Guess it depends on the inspector!

Just been thinking about it and she didn't ask me one question about what I do with the children, it was all about the parents and how I interact with them :rolleyes:

Demonjill
19-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Well done bet you are glad its over and done with:thumbsup:

any other recomendations tips for fellow Scot - im due mine anytime now really hun??

I use gloves for other folks kids. Better from cp point of view maybe?

My cm friend just produced gloves for her inspection and 2yo said in big loud voice " Why you got gloves on - you got freezy hands?" so it was obvious she never usually uses them :laughing::laughing:

kellib
19-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Well done bet you are glad its over and done with:thumbsup:

any other recomendations tips for fellow Scot - im due mine anytime now really hun??

I use gloves for other folks kids. Better from cp point of view maybe?

My cm friend just produced gloves for her inspection and 2yo said in big loud voice " Why you got gloves on - you got freezy hands?" so it was obvious she never usually uses them :laughing::laughing:

:laughing: Thankfully mine can't really talk yet though they did spent the morning trying to kill each other in various different ways as well as the screaming :rolleyes:

Dunno about tips really, my inspector was really keen on how you involve the parents in your setting (I felt like saying I don't, it's the kids I look after! lol), how safe your setting is, and very hot on policies being bang up to date. We should be updating children's needs records every 6 months and if they don't need updated then to write that on a piece of paper and get parents to sign :rolleyes:

And she wanted me to have development records for each child, something that has NEVER been mentioned to me before.

Demonjill
20-04-2012, 06:17 AM
:laughing: Thankfully mine can't really talk yet though they did spent the morning trying to kill each other in various different ways as well as the screaming :rolleyes:

Dunno about tips really, my inspector was really keen on how you involve the parents in your setting (I felt like saying I don't, it's the kids I look after! lol), how safe your setting is, and very hot on policies being bang up to date. We should be updating children's needs records every 6 months and if they don't need updated then to write that on a piece of paper and get parents to sign :rolleyes:

And she wanted me to have development records for each child, something that has NEVER been mentioned to me before.

Thanks very much for that I know about the partnership with parents but good to hear other stuff - although i will prob be picked up on other stuff:rolleyes:
Well done again:thumbsup:

angeldelight
20-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Well I had my first inspection today, lovely lady was only here for 90 minutes, which was long enough for me as both mindees decided that they would do high pitched screaming every time they went near each other! :rolleyes:

I got 4's for all aspects so that's a 'good'. Happy with that for my 1st one, just glad it's over!

Apparently it's now a legal requirement that we use gloves for changing nappies?

Well done to you

:clapping::clapping:

Glad it went ok

Angel xx

rickysmiths
20-04-2012, 06:48 AM

LEGAL!!!!!! Who passed a law about that and when, that is what has got to happen for something to become a legal requirement :eek: If that is what she said I would be challenging her and either Tribal or Prospects to give me a copy of the legislation that has been passed for this to be Law. It is factually incorrect and this inspector needs to be reported so they can be told not to give out such ridiculous and inaccurate information.

Very well done on your result.

Heaven Scent
20-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Well done you - I bet you are relieved its all over.

My inspector asked me if I wore plastic aprons when changing nappies - I said no and she said that to obtain an outstanding I would have to show I took as many extra steps to ensure the safety of the children - apparently I can wash germs from my hands but some can remain on my clothes so I must wear an apron to prevent cross contamination??? - How can any more germs get on my clothes when changing a baby than when I use the loo especially when using a loo when we are outside????? We'd have to live our lives in a bubble if that's the case. We all carry a certain amount of germs and bacteria on us that most of the time doesn't affect most of us - that's life. She gave me an outstanding anyway and didn't make it a recommendation so don't know what she was on about - the only negative (if you could call it a negative) from my inspection.

kellib
20-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Well done you - I bet you are relieved its all over.

My inspector asked me if I wore plastic aprons when changing nappies - I said no and she said that to obtain an outstanding I would have to show I took as many extra steps to ensure the safety of the children - apparently I can wash germs from my hands but some can remain on my clothes so I must wear an apron to prevent cross contamination??? - How can any more germs get on my clothes when changing a baby than when I use the loo especially when using a loo when we are outside????? We'd have to live our lives in a bubble if that's the case. We all carry a certain amount of germs and bacteria on us that most of the time doesn't affect most of us - that's life. She gave me an outstanding anyway and didn't make it a recommendation so don't know what she was on about - the only negative (if you could call it a negative) from my inspection.

I certainly am relieved!

My inspector mentioned the aprons too but said they really focus on the gloves and that I MUST get some.

Kezzle
20-04-2012, 10:44 AM
LEGAL!!!!!! Who passed a law about that and when, that is what has got to happen for something to become a legal requirement :eek: If that is what she said I would be challenging her and either Tribal or Prospects to give me a copy of the legislation that has been passed for this to be Law. It is factually incorrect and this inspector needs to be reported so they can be told not to give out such ridiculous and inaccurate information.

Very well done on your result.

I've got a feeling somethings been said somewhere because in my letter from LA about revised EYFS sessions they included a whole load of leaflets about the correct way to change a nappy and it had gloves on it. Also... i never knew that we should change a child standing up from when they can stand up on thier own?

Heaven Scent
20-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Where has the standing up thing come from??? :panic: :panic::panic:

VeggieSausage
20-04-2012, 05:40 PM
In my last inspection I wore gloves, cleaned mat etc, got a good with 4 areas of outstanding but one of the recommendations was that good hygiene practises were not in place because I did not routinely wash children's hands (child was 18 months) hands at the sink after nappy changing. Child did not touch anything, mat was miltoned ...grrrr

Kezzle
20-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Where has the standing up thing come from??? :panic: :panic::panic:

I have no idea it was in my leaflet on the correct way to change a childs nappy! Which came in the post yesterday from my LA. Along with the dates of sessions for us to understand what the changes are to the new EYFS. I read it and was like WHAT?! We have to do that like that now?! what a loada..... :)

kellib
20-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I have no idea it was in my leaflet on the correct way to change a childs nappy! Which came in the post yesterday from my LA. Along with the dates of sessions for us to understand what the changes are to the new EYFS. I read it and was like WHAT?! We have to do that like that now?! what a loada..... :)

How difficult would it be to change a nappy on a standing LO? They'd run away at the first chance! And what happens when it's a lovely explosive nappy?!

Madness!!

mayberry
21-04-2012, 03:57 AM
well done :)
Dawn xx

Kezzle
22-04-2012, 08:24 PM
How difficult would it be to change a nappy on a standing LO? They'd run away at the first chance! And what happens when it's a lovely explosive nappy?!

Madness!!

That was the first imagery i had when i read that sentence on the leaflet! A big brown stain on my lovely red rug. :rolleyes:

They don't even want to keep still when they're laid down but at least you can hold their legs still. Do that stood up and they'd probably fall over and into the messy nappy, because there's no way they're going to stand still and wait for you to wrap it up into a nappy bag before deciding, actually i would rather run over to the other side of the room and climb up the furniture with a messy bum. :)
haha!
I may not have kids or currently have any to mind but i know from my little brother and my many nieces and nephews none of them would hang about stood up!