PDA

View Full Version : Can you honestly say .....

mummyme
19-04-2012, 11:31 AM
that you actually like all of your mindees all of the time?

What irritations do they/their parents have?

Not sure that I like all of mine but I certainly care for them all and guard them with my life! :littleangel:

My irritations of my current mindees/parents are:

One 6 year old with horrendously smelly feet - i HAVE to have the window open while he is here! Parents should put him as their priority a bit more too as he always looks a bit scruffy (worn trousers, too tight, dirty coat). I would love to wash his coat for him but not sure I could really do that without causing offence!

One 3 year old. He is a gorgeous little boy but repeats thigs over and over. Whatever I say, i.e. lets get our coats on, lets get our shoes on, lets go to coffee morning, he says ' coats on?', 'shoes on?', 'go coffee morning?'. Incredibly irritating all day long! Perfect parents though!

One 2 year old. Can never get enough juice. Its ridiculous. I fill his cup and he downs it then asks for more, he would do it over and over if i didn't distract him. Also, if he wants more juice and I happen to be giving the baby her milk, he is not prepared to wait. He's not good at sharing and wants everything NOW! Parents, brilliant apart from arriving half an hour early sometmes in the morning :panic:

One baby. Mary Poppins I should call her as she is practically perfect in every way - with parents to match!

I don't have it bad eh I guess. Nice to get your irritations down sometimes eh. Thanks for listening! :D

ajs
19-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm very lucky right now as I have perfect children and wonderful families. So no complaints but. Do know exactly wha you mean about the little irritations

tess1981
19-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Like yourself I guard me mindees like they were my own but each and everyone get on my nerves as some point... some days i cannot wait for hand over and be watching the clock... as for washing the coat say he got it covered in mud and was too dirty to hand back ( i would actually let the child get it dirty so he can back story up ) baking soda in shoes for the smell too... :)

:D

Bridey
19-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Nope - no complaints from me about my little gang, or their parents!

mummyme
19-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the baking powder tip! As I say, as much as children have their irritations, I care dearly for all of them. As for washing the coat, He is only with me for 2 hours, I could get it done but that would typically be on the day when he is picked up an hour early unannounced!

Tatjana
19-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I think it's unrealistic to be able to like anyone all the time, we all have our annoying quirks, habits, or off days, mindees are the same. :)

kellib
19-04-2012, 12:32 PM
I have one mindee who does this high pitched screaming thing when he doesn't get his own way or someone else has a toy he wants (which lets face it is all the time at age 2!), now my other mindee has picked up the screaming habit as well, it's horrible (the action, not the mindee!)

Heaven Scent
19-04-2012, 12:34 PM
We are all human and we cant all like everyone all of the time or the world would be a very boring place - so yes we do have to tolerate other peoples quirks and annoyances not abuse but that's a different story. I'm sure some of my parents get fed up with me sometimes cause I won't open the door 10 mins early or meet whatever unreasonable request they ask of me or when I won't "swap" days. But so long as it stays inside us or we vent it anonymously on somewhere like here and then passes so we can go back to doing what we do best - caring for children then everything is nervous and normal. If we were ever to allow it to reflect on how we care for a child that is when it would becomes wrong.

kel1983
19-04-2012, 12:35 PM
we have a 22 month old who does not sit and play with anything longer than a couple of seconds. Very manic.

A 2.5 year old who doesnt listen unless you mention the word sweets. Too busy watching everyone else to take note of what he is actually doing. Mum is very hard work some days.

The schoolies are reasonably well behaved and only have little things that annoy us.

As all above have said though would guard them with our lives and keep them safe as if they were our own. We keep telling ourselves they will grow out of it. :laughing:

~Grasshopper~
19-04-2012, 01:08 PM
i also have a 18th old who drains his drink in seconds and demands and yells for more all day, have spoken to mum but she just said dad also drinks a lot. i only give him 1 cup of juice now then its water for the rest of the day. he also is the sloooooowest eater i have known, 12mth and 2 year old had eaten sandwich, apple and yoghurt and he was still chewing his sandwich. i have to keep prompting him as he goes into a daydream.

baby mindees parents smoke with her in the car and she actually makes me feel sick the smell in the mornings :(.

other than that i have a good bunch. xx

stargazer1
19-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I am quite glad you have posted this as I was wondering if it is just me. I have two friends children twice a week. One is an angel. The other irritates me quite a lot of the time!! I think tbh tho it isnt him, its the fact that his mum tells me things like "oh, he will eat everything you put in front of him" and then everything I give him he says "I want chips". Mum tells me he always asks for the potty now, and I then find him in the corner pooing on my carpet while the potty is in the corner in the hallway where it always is and he knows very well. He has also just perfected "oooooooohhhhhhh" (whiney voice). All in all hes a very sweet little boy but I think I spend so much time expecting him to be a certain way because mum tells me thats what he does, that I can help feeling irritated when he doesnt. The good bits definitely outweigh the bad tho! :) :) xxx

EmmaReed84
19-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I have one mindee who is 4 she is adorable, think the world of her and her parents are fab too. I am paid until 7pm and her Dad always comes by 6.30pm, and on the rare occassion he gets to me by 6.45pm he always apologises lol.

One 3 year old mindee whines, even if you say as nice as possible "Please don't do that" his mouth turns and he make this long droning whine. Also everything is his! Generally he is ok though.

My 18 month old angel mindee has come back to me after a week off with a serious teenage attitude problem lol. She is amazing when we go out, but at home she is starting to do as her brother does, whine. I am nipping that in the bud right now lol

Their parents are lovely, also, although sometimes I wonder what goes on in Mum's head sometimes :laughing:

jumping j
19-04-2012, 01:16 PM
It's not that I don't like any of my lo's at the moment, I'm just not friends with one of them:laughing::laughing:
He needs constant attention and when I've got a baby and two 2 year olds he can't have all my attention so he makes a constant droning noise, not a scream or shout or tears just constant drone:angry:

children do change though, one of my 2 year olds had real eating issues 6 months ago, would literally shovel food into his mouth with his hands and make scoffing noises while he did it, I couldn't stand it, couldn't even be in the same room while he did it some times. He now sits beautifully at the table with a spoon and fork, eating with his mouth almost closed:littleangel:

boxtree7
19-04-2012, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=mummyme;1086706]that you actually like all of your mindees all of the time?

One 3 year old. He is a gorgeous little boy but repeats thigs over and over. Whatever I say, i.e. lets get our coats on, lets get our shoes on, lets go to coffee morning, he says ' coats on?', 'shoes on?', 'go coffee morning?'. Incredibly irritating all day long! Perfect parents though!

Yes I am with you on this one - I have a 2 your old - that repeats every word !

Kimmy050983
19-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I am really lucky as the one mindee I have at the moment is perfect and so are the parents.
She's just simply always happy, from the day she started at 7 months !!She's now 17 months :)

gegele
19-04-2012, 03:02 PM
i have a 2yrs old who repeat the name of my kids all the time. or shoes, or trator....it drives me insane some days!!!!!!:blush:

i haven't got a bad bunch...even if baby is teething which can be challenging as well.

i have an after schooler who can push my buttons at times but i'm still sad he's leaving

loocyloo
19-04-2012, 03:17 PM
currently mine are all ok! one Lo talks in a little tiny voice which irritates me, but i just tell Lo to speak up and its fine!

i used to have a schoolie that i really didn't like, but his big sister was lovely! he annoyed the children too!

notts
19-04-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm newly registered so haven't experience this yet but it's great reading about all your thoughts! As someone else said, we are only human so things are going to irritate us I'd suspect!

little chickee
19-04-2012, 05:57 PM
My 3 pre schoolers at the moment are all fine.
The 2 boys are brothers and I would happily adopt them as my own.

Parents all fab.

But my afterschooler i have had since he was 6 months and have never bonded with. He irritates me even when he is not here!!!
Mum is a good friend though and is a great customer.

I have over the years had several mindees that i really didnt like and was glad when they left.:(

VINASOL
19-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Actually I do have a mindee who I do not particularly like. She is treated like a princess by parents and allowed to get away with anything she wants. She doesn't even 'have to read at school if she does not want to'...was what she told my DD (and parent is a teacher).

She is mean to my own DD and if I'm honest it is making my job horrid and I get quite upset about it all because my DD gets it at home and at school and not being biased but my DD is a lovely girl. Mindee point-blank refuses to do what she's asked to do at school and is allowed to get away with it.

But the upside is, that I have other beautiful, wonderful, funny mindees who make my job wonderful :o

Cammie Doodle
19-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I started to reply to this , but thought better of it as I'm really tired and fustrated after a bad day so it would be unfair , so I may come back to it tomorrow .:(

Wendybird
19-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I have a very bright 4 year old who doesn't stop talking and asking questions. Doesn't listen to the answer, as he knows the answer (just asks questions to be talking), always seeking praise, speaks over the other kids even when they are crying or telling me something important. I love him most days, but some days I can't wait for him to go. Not really fair as he is so precocious I forget he's only 4 and expect more from him. Overall he and his sister are fab though. :blush:

dette
19-04-2012, 06:55 PM
ive got a 4 year old little girl who starts every thing with
" you knoooooow Bernadette ,Bernadette you knoooooow....."
she talks over the top of me at story time trying to "read" the book but because she wont be quiet for 2 seconds to listen she actually hasnt got a clue what the story is so she just mumbles really loudly so nobody can hear the story,she also does this at singing time ...eg " oh the grand old de de de deee he da ded deeeeeee marched eeeeeeeeeto teee and down again ...." im contantly saying..just listen to the words this time and we'll sing together in a minute but no...little miss i know everything just wont listen !!!!
most days i feel like changing my name.How many times can one child say Bernadette ??? aaaaaggghhhh. Shes with me 55hrs a week..what did i do to deserve this.
The other 2 on the other hand are 1 and 2 year old boys who are the most adorable little princes you could find so not all bad .all 3 sets of parents are great

Milli147
19-04-2012, 07:03 PM
All 4 sets of parents are great, and the children are fab too. I adore them all. I am very lucky!

Everyone has their off days and some days I swear if I hear the words "i want.." or even "I don't want.." I am going to scream, but hey, nobodies perfect!

Demonjill
19-04-2012, 09:17 PM
ooh where will i start:laughing:only joking!!

at some point most of my mindees annoy me- parents are all fab though but one granny is a pita :rolleyes:

the 9 month old is hard constant work keeping amused etc but is so sweet - suddenly out of the blue started properly clapping his hands today - so so sweet i had a wee tear in my eye :laughing: he can also be a wee moan though:laughing:

twins - boy is okay although has a very excited squeal which always gives me a fright:mad:....girl has more questions than Chris Tarrant!:laughing: which is very tiring and annoying as they are silly questions like " why do you have a black telly?" and " why do your socks have spots on them?" aggghhhh

3yo is so head strong and blunt. "i dont want to do that" in huge loud voice and im like chill it was only a suggestion:rolleyes: he has a reason for everything he doesnt want to do

I hate when kids use the "want" word

They all have sweet moments though but at end of day when they go home i dont usually give them another thought - but then i have learned to detach after last 2 jobs :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
20-04-2012, 06:07 AM
I started to reply to this , but thought better of it as I'm really tired and fustrated after a bad day so it would be unfair , so I may come back to it tomorrow .:(

Why on earth would you be tired on a Thursday Junie :D I didn't even get on here thats how tired I was :(

mama2three
20-04-2012, 06:47 AM
June I cahnged my mind about posting yesterday too!! One little one had certainly been pressing all my buttons and It may have turned into a rant!

onceinabluemoon
20-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Really struggling with a couple of mine at the moment, but it's not them I dislike, it's their behaviour.

lisa1968
20-04-2012, 07:45 AM
I find the older ones are the worst!!
I have a 6 year old boy who has to be first,has to be better,has more than you,has been everywhere etc etc
He's a lovely boy and I 've had him for 4 years,but he has to be better than everyone else.On the walk to school,he pushes to the front of the other children.If another child has a new reading book,then he'd already read it 2 years before.If another child has a birthday party then his was bigger and he got more presents.I hate it-and so do his parents cos theyre not like that at all.it really upsets his mum.I find the best way to deal with it is to ignore it cos if you challenge what he says he will argue with you till he's blue in the face cos he hates to be wrong!
2 other school age mindees think its ok to look through my personal stuff! They think nothing of looking through any post that I may have left on the table,or the littlies daily diaries!!
My biggest problem with mindees-more so the older ones as the younger ones dont know any better-is lack of respect;the way they speak to adults,the way they treat my toys and other childrens stuff (i.e. if a childs coat is on the floor they will just walk on it),and the way they think they have the right to do what they want in my house-jumping on the furniture etc(even though they get told 20 times a day)!!
Moan over!

snufflepuff
20-04-2012, 02:02 PM
My mindee who left me a few weeks ago used to eat really loudly with her mouth wide open....it made me feel sick! Her Mum was a total pain- regularly collected late with no phone call or apology, always making outrageous requests, expected extras from me, would leave LO's wet or dirty clothes on my stairs for me to wash, didn't provide spare clothes when LO was potty training even though she was still having lots of accidents, borrowed my sons clothes and never returned them...I was glad to see the back of her and actually dread seeing her at nursery!

I also have a mindee who talks constantly, repeating whatever I have said over and over again. Usually it's fine but now and again it gets a bit irritating!

toddlers896
20-04-2012, 02:13 PM
that you actually like all of your mindees all of the time?

What irritations do they/their parents have?

Not sure that I like all of mine but I certainly care for them all and guard them with my life! :littleangel:

My irritations of my current mindees/parents are:

One 6 year old with horrendously smelly feet - i HAVE to have the window open while he is here! Parents should put him as their priority a bit more too as he always looks a bit scruffy (worn trousers, too tight, dirty coat). I would love to wash his coat for him but not sure I could really do that without causing offence!

:laughing:

One 2 year old. Can never get enough juice. Its ridiculous. I fill his cup and he downs it then asks for more, he would do it over and over if i didn't distract him. Also, if he wants more juice and I happen to be giving the baby her milk, he is not prepared to wait. He's not good at sharing and wants everything NOW! Parents, brilliant apart from arriving half an hour early sometmes in the morning :panic:

One baby. Mary Poppins I should call her as she is practically perfect in every way - with parents to match!

I don't have it bad eh I guess. Nice to get your irritations down sometimes eh. Thanks for listening! :D

ha ha thats funny. That just made me laugh and after a **** week i needed it. I like the one that repeats everything, thats brilliant. That would get on my nerves too. I just have one and she is only a year old. I love her to bits but she has started to want everything that ive got and saysing ta. Its so cute but irritating because she screams the place down if i dont giver her it. The joys of childminding hey !

Chimps Childminding
20-04-2012, 04:22 PM
June I cahnged my mind about posting yesterday too!! One little one had certainly been pressing all my buttons and It may have turned into a rant!

The worst thing was it was my mindee who was pressing everyone's buttons (he is a screamer :eek:), but we were round at June's yesterday and by the time he went everyone, mindees included, breathed a HUGE sigh of relief!!! :(