PDA

View Full Version : sleep with three little ones

nipper
19-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi just wondering how everyone who looks after three little ones, juggles their sleep routines. Are you selfish like me and try and get them to all sleep at the same time? I'm fairly lucky in that mine are aged 12 months, 16 months and 28 months so none of them need a mid morning nap.

rickysmiths
19-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Mine all have a nap at the same time after lunch. I have always done this and it works for me with no problem.

Mouse
19-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I always try to get them down for a sleep after lunch. Babies sometimes have a morning sleep as well, but the afternoon sleep is the main one.

Even the older ones who don't need a sleep have a shorter rest. They love to snuggle on the sofa with their blanket & listen to a story or some quiet music. I try to encourage at least a half hour rest as I think they need to recharge their batteries after a busy morning (and it gives me time t have a cuppa & get sorted out for the afternoon!)

The Juggler
19-04-2012, 11:03 AM
i've had 4 napping at the same time this week :clapping:

most of mine manage to sta awake all morning. if the babies fall asleep in teh buggy on the way home I have to take them out to bring them in the house as my hall is tiny and they usually wake.

So by the time we've done lunch and then a story or dancing they are all pooped. I put the babies down at 1230-1300 and then me and the 3 year olds have a proper storytime or a game together then they go up for an hour too.

I wake everyone at 2.30 ish for school :thumbsup:

Bridey
19-04-2012, 11:05 AM
I have a 'quiet time' after lunch. The little ones sleep but the bigger ones are told they can read a book and snuggle. Then I tuck them in with a book and a blanket, close the curtains and keep my fingers crossed! ;)

nipper
19-04-2012, 11:09 AM
My eldest mindee was 3 in February and when she first came I didn't let her have a nap. She's with me from 8.30-5.30, including walking to and from school twice so it's a long day for her. I now make her sleep because she's a complete grot bag at pick up.

tess1981
19-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I always try to get them down for a sleep after lunch. Babies sometimes have a morning sleep as well, but the afternoon sleep is the main one.

Even the older ones who don't need a sleep have a shorter rest. They love to snuggle on the sofa with their blanket & listen to a story or some quiet music. I try to encourage at least a half hour rest as I think they need to recharge their batteries after a busy morning (and it gives me time t have a cuppa & get sorted out for the afternoon!)

Much the same... at the moment all the children go down at the same time and the older ones (if off school) have a DVD... All new children soon fit into my routine and everything runs more smoothly :littleangel:

Tatjana
19-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes all three nap after lunch, one is tired from about 11am but will not sleep whilst the others are up! I don't think it's selfish as otherwise you'd never get to go out if they all slept at different times.

CH1957
19-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I've managed to get my 3 (3 months, 16 months and 20 months) down for a nap at the same time for the last 2 days and then the flipping postman has woken them all up by hammering on the door - dont know why he feels the need to hammer on it instead of just a normal knock! :angry:

jumping j
19-04-2012, 01:23 PM
wish my 3 lo's would sleep, they all fight it and refuse to sleep if there's anyone else here. :angry:
I compensate by having 30mins dvd time after lunch, if I'm not doing an afternoon nursery run, they fall asleep in the car on the nursery run and wake up when we get to nursery then again when we get home again.

buzzy bee
19-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I used to try and juggle them all but now I'm really lucky and they all sleep at the same time :thumbsup: I sometimes feel a bit guilty but all their parents know I do this and none of them mind.

And it's nicer for them because they don't have to sleep when everyone else is playing so I think that makes them more likely to sleep cos they know they're not missing out on any fun!

And not to mention it's soooo nice for me to put my feet up :laughing:

Babycat
19-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I am the same. Afternoon rest or nap. I have a baby starting soon though so will see what that wee one does (prob am and after lunch too) I like to get them all full of beans again after lunch so let them recharge while I sort out lunch mess, prepare afternoon activities and breast feed my 14 month old (yes I know 14 months!!) as this is the only day feed I cant get him off!

Off this week and next with a few hours settling my new family. Then the fun begins the week after so I may be on crying that I need to sleep!

Monkey26
19-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Much the same... at the moment all the children go down at the same time and the older ones (if off school) have a DVD... All new children soon fit into my routine and everything runs more smoothly :littleangel:

Same here as well!! We are on the go every morning - even if we are having a quiet one they will go out in the garden for 30+ minutes - so everyone either goes to sleep or has quiet rest 1.00pm-2.15pm.
Some of the younger ones will catch a quick power nap in the morning but rarely for more than 15minutes xx

kellib
19-04-2012, 03:51 PM
All children sleep in the afternoon here too, we tend to be out and about in the morning which leaves them all tired for the afternoon!

One LO was having 2 naps a day when he started with me but he would only sleep in a cot so was a bit restricting, after talking to Mum we now have him sleeping later and for longer which has helped him at night too :thumbsup:

samb
19-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I am finding this hard at the moment as I have an 11 month old that sleeps about 11 for about 45 mins and then about 3:45 for about an hour. Then a 2 yr old that sleeps about an hour at about 1:30. Thing is pre school run is at 12:15 and so I would have to keep baby awake for an extra almost 2 hours if he slept after lunch/pre school run. Can't wait for them to sleep at same time! I also have 2 3 yr olds (variation for baby sibling) that don't sleep at all.

singlewiththree
19-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Mine all have a nap at the same time after lunch. I have always done this and it works for me with no problem.

Mine are the same :) House phone gets unplugged, door bell turned off and mobile on silent :)

lozzy23
19-04-2012, 09:17 PM

I do the same, I love that time for a cuppa, preparing food for children's dinner and if time a look on the forum (should really do a bit of paperwork:blush:)