PDA

View Full Version : messy play gone to pot

jumping j
19-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Lo's seem more interested in eating todays well thought out messy play than playing with it.

I usually just have water in the tray with beakers, funnels, boats, ducks, fish water mills etc but thought I'd be creative this week.

So far we've had flour and glitter, multicoloured spaghetti which they loved, and today I've put in rice crispies and cornflakes with some trucks and diggers
both lo's love truck and diggers and I thought we could listen to the crunching, tip the cereal in and out, push it about with the diggers etc
but oh no all they want to do is put it in the bowls and cups from the home corner and eat it.
I've ended up putting it away coz I don't think they'll eat their dinner if they carry on:panic:

I dread to think what they'll do with tomorrows rice :laughing::laughing:

adele1985
19-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Lo's seem more interested in eating todays well thought out messy play than playing with it.

I usually just have water in the tray with beakers, funnels, boats, ducks, fish water mills etc but thought I'd be creative this week.

So far we've had flour and glitter, multicoloured spaghetti which they loved, and today I've put in rice crispies and cornflakes with some trucks and diggers
both lo's love truck and diggers and I thought we could listen to the crunching, tip the cereal in and out, push it about with the diggers etc
but oh no all they want to do is put it in the bowls and cups from the home corner and eat it.
I've ended up putting it away coz I don't think they'll eat their dinner if they carry on:panic:

I dread to think what they'll do with tomorrows rice :laughing::laughing:

sounds like fun :)

i love messy activities , have u tried gloop (i love this) mindees not so impressed tho :rolleyes: thinking about trying it again tonight

christine e
19-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Have you seen this booklet?

Ooops it was too big to attach - will email to you

Cx

jumping j
19-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Have you seen this booklet?

Ooops it was too big to attach - will email to you

Cx

Thank you christine, I'll be planning for next week!

I have tried gloop but a couple of the parents weren't impressed with how much the lo's got on their clothes. I've invested in some coverall aprons so I might give it another go

Wendybird
19-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Thank you christine, I'll be planning for next week!

I have tried gloop but a couple of the parents weren't impressed with how much the lo's got on their clothes. I've invested in some coverall aprons so I might give it another go

This is why it is in my written material to send the kids in clothes that are ok to get messy. ;) I've got one parent who keeps sending her son in lovely spotless clothes and I always send him home mucky. She is starting to catch on and he came in joggers today :littleangel:

loocyloo
19-04-2012, 07:35 PM
This is why it is in my written material to send the kids in clothes that are ok to get messy. ;) I've got one parent who keeps sending her son in lovely spotless clothes and I always send him home mucky. She is starting to catch on and he came in joggers today :littleangel:

:D:D:D mine have all just about got the message now! ;)