PDA

View Full Version : First aid question?

rhea26
18-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi, was hoping someone could help me, obviously we have to have a travel first aid kit with us when were out and I was advised a bottle of sterile water is best to wash cuts etc, I was talking to another child minder and they sometimes use a alcohol free cleaning wipe to clean cuts etc but I thought we werent allowed? Thanks :)

karen48
18-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I carry the sterile water. I did not think we could use the wipes.

karen

AliceK
18-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes we definitely can use the non-alcohol cleansing wipes :thumbsup:. I'm currently once again doing my P 1st Aid this week and last. I had loads of questions which have cropped up over the last 3 yrs and have had them all answered :thumbsup:

xxx

rickysmiths
18-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I used to carry a pod of sterile water but they go out of date quickly. I now make sure I just have a bottle of water with me which I normally do. Our trainer asked what we would do at home and we would use the tap so therefore a bottle of water was fine.

sarah707
18-04-2012, 05:17 PM
We were told non alcoholic wipes are fine - no alcohol because it stings and could offend those of a faith where alcohol is banned.

I always have water with me anyway.

Hth :D

The Juggler
19-04-2012, 10:17 AM
i just use good old tap water. If it was an emergency I'd use whatever water I had in a bottle or whatever.

But I use a spray bottle (those little travel ones)

I used to boil it but thinking if I'm in the house I would just use tap water or get the child to wash their hand under a tap - we live in too sterile a world :panic: