PDA

View Full Version : Daily to do list

kellib
18-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Do you have one of these to check things off? I'm trying to think of things but my mind has gone blank, so far I've just got make sure blind cords are out of reach, make sure kitchen is clean and tidy, sweep floors!

Andrea08
18-04-2012, 03:54 PM
hi ok ive got a quick tick list of risk ass each morning you could add
car seats needed each day,
pram etc
children on role
what ever helps you be prepared for the day.. i use to have a large A4 diary but tbh it was just making more work for myself now i have a quick check list that i laminated and notes in diary ..where im going etc everything else goes in child's diary or learning file x try not to give yourself too much paperwork that you dont need x

Tatjana
18-04-2012, 05:44 PM
My list is stuck in my head...no more paperwork than necessary!!:laughing:

jadavi
18-04-2012, 06:10 PM
my early years adviser from the diploma course said I had to have a list and whats more signing in my diary wasnt enough, I had to have a separate calendar or sheet to tick off each day when I completed the health and safety dailly check... I argued like mad but to no avail...

rickysmiths
18-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I used to and then thought it was a waste of time so I stopped.

I typed the list and headed it 'Daily Checks' done every day as I walk around my home first thing in the morning before the mindees arrive and then continuously through the day.

It is in my RA folder and when I was inspected in Sept the inspector was fine with this.

kellib
18-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I used to and then thought it was a waste of time so I stopped.

I typed the list and headed it 'Daily Checks' done every day as I walk around my home first thing in the morning before the mindees arrive and then continuously through the day.

It is in my RA folder and when I was inspected in Sept the inspector was fine with this.

That's exactly what I've done so hoping it's ok for my inspection tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Bridey
18-04-2012, 07:24 PM
my early years adviser from the diploma course said I had to have a list and whats more signing in my diary wasnt enough, I had to have a separate calendar or sheet to tick off each day when I completed the health and safety dailly check... I argued like mad but to no avail...

She ain't the one inspecting you! It really annoys me when 'know-it-alls-who-aren't-actually-doing-the-job-we-do' create more work than is necessary.

Did she advise you to write a list of the lists you need to write? :rolleyes:

miffy
18-04-2012, 07:32 PM

Complete waste of time! How would anyone know the difference between a sheet that you ticked every day come rain or shine for a year or more or a sheet that you sat down tonight and ticked off all the days for the last year? I see the point in doing that in a nursery where different people have responsibility for the checks each day but not in our homes where it's just us doing it.

Miffy xx

jadavi
18-04-2012, 07:52 PM
What amazed me was that signing my diary with extra health and safety notes added as and when was considered not as good as a tick off chart.
My do was fine with the diary and said it was because the other lady was doing it for the diploma. What annoyed me was the diploma lady tried to say that ofsted would not like it....

alwaysright
18-04-2012, 08:38 PM
i used to do this as well but stopped a few months ago! total waste of my time, my paper, my printer etc
just remember at the end of the day you are self employed as and long as you follow the legal guidelines you can run your business how you please, unless of course your d.o wants to be your business partner......she can advice you but cant make you do anything!

The Juggler
18-04-2012, 09:00 PM
No I don't.. It's as much as I can do to find time to do everything without having to create and tick off lists :laughing:

Demonjill
18-04-2012, 09:58 PM
I used to do one when first started but lasted 3 weeks and i thought " Na this a load of :censored:":laughing::laughing:

The things kind of changed anyway as time went on and different kids came i know what is safe so its all in my head now :thumbsup: