PDA

View Full Version : big table or little table?

Hayley102
18-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Do you sit your LOs at your big table to eat meals/snacks or use a children's table? I have tried both and keep changing my mind which I prefer so wondered what others do.

miffy
18-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Both! Those at school use the dining table in the kitchen and the younger ones sit at a children's table also in the kitchen - that way they all eat together but all at a safe height!

Sorry, don't think that's much help is it?

Miffy xx

jumping j
18-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I sit mine at the big table, the lo's have booster seats so they can reach, I've thought about getting a little table but I just don't have the space

Angela234
18-04-2012, 01:43 PM
We use the big table with booster seats for smaller children sometimes the smaller table for snacks

Bridey
18-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Big table with booster seats if needed. Less furniture = more room to play :)

(Mind you, I did have to buy a bigger table!!)

kel1983
18-04-2012, 02:54 PM
We have a dining table they all sit at together. Have used the little table but the lo's just keep getting up and down.

Milli147
18-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Mine sit up on the kitchen stools! :eek: 2/3 yr olds on booster, 4yr old direct on the stool, baby in highchair. I use a small table in the playroom for snack time, but if I put them there for lunch they'd be up and down like yo-yos!

AliceK
18-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I try to have them all at the kitchen table, younger ones in a booster seat, but if I have 6 for tea and I can't be bothered to extend the table (it's a bit of a faff), then I sit the LO's at the small table which I bring in to the kitchen. I think it's nice for them all to sit together at the main table and if there's room for me I'll sit with them and chat for a while too.

xxxx

Bobster
18-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I tend to use highchairs as all mine are under 2 but when I have after school children I use the big table (which is foldable and slides down the side of the fridge) When im caring for 3 - 5 year olds I do tend to use a small table, I like you keep chopping and changing ;0)

Mouse
18-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I use small tables & chairs. I only look after pre-school children and have either 3 or 4, with a variation. I don't want that many highchairs (and don't have room for them), nor do I want that many booster seats on my dining chairs that I would have to take off & store when my family use the table.

EmmaReed84
18-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I sit mine at the big table, the lo's have booster seats so they can reach, I've thought about getting a little table but I just don't have the space

Exactly what Jumping Jax said lol

rickysmiths
18-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I do a mixture. If I have up to 2yrs I usually sit them around the kitchen table in booster seats or high chairs.

If they are older I have a go-pac low table and chairs and they use that. If we eat in the garden they sit at an ikea child's picnic bench.

Demonjill
18-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Big table - i have no space for a kids table and all eating is done in the kitchen!!:thumbsup:

LO is in high chair and will use booster seats when need them

Chimps Childminding
18-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I use a big table with booster seats if necessary for the littlies. I also have a plastic picnic table with benches attached that I use in the summer out in the garden and sometimes bring into the house if I have the ages where they would all sit properly and not keep getting down :rolleyes:

I like having a big table as it also makes a great den! I have attached curtains using curtain wire which can be unhooked when not required! The children spend hours under there!!

The Juggler
18-04-2012, 10:12 PM
everyone at my big table. after school at the littlies sit together with the biggies - its lovely = if noisy :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: