PDA

View Full Version : Oops I made a booboo!!

buzzy bee
18-04-2012, 11:34 AM
It was mindee's first day back after easter holiday today, and I reminded his mum I was on holiday on Friday and she said she didn't know. She was fine about it and said she could get a friend to have him, but I feel terrible! I was sure I'd told her.

candy cat
18-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I sent 3 reminders and one of mine still forgot....:rolleyes:

buzzy bee
19-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Oh dear! Well I will definitely be sending out 3 reminders in future - just so I KNOW I've told them!

ziggy
19-04-2012, 08:14 AM
i put holiday dates in monthly news letter and remind them in weeks coming up to holidays but they still forget

loocyloo
19-04-2012, 09:32 AM
i got a phonecall last week from one mum saying 'sorry, we've overslept, will be with you in half hour' ... i replied with, no worries, i'm not at home anyway as i'm on holiday! she'd totally forgotten!

Twinkle-Toes
19-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I have a tear off strip on the bottom of my holiday dates letter!!

I ask (make!!) them sign it to say they have recieved appropriate notice etc then they can't say they didnt know.

How did I get so hardened so quick :eek::p

maisiemog
19-04-2012, 08:23 PM
I have one family who always forget so I have now taken to verbally reminding them a month and then two weeks before. I also text them to remind them and also put it on the invoice before I take my holiday....they still forget and on my last holiday poor mindees got left at school. And I know I had told them....had the invoice and the text to prove it!

miffy
19-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I put holiday dates in newsletters, then the week before I put a note up in the hall so they see it when they come in.

Miffy xx

lisa1968
21-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I've had a parent ring me when I've been on hols-and they were on my doorstep wondering why I wasnt answering the door!
They all have lots of reminders and its only ev.er happened that once

Cammie Doodle
21-04-2012, 02:18 PM
We tell our parents , then put reminders in the newsletters, and we STILL get some who forget, or expect us to cover each others holidays ( which we do when / if we can) but they are told in plenty of time when we will be off