PDA

View Full Version : feel like I'm cursed

tash 1
18-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Morning all,not having a great month just want to say im not a quiter but need to get this out one more time. feel like I must be doing something wrong to get some kids I'm a friendly,caring, experienced nursery nurse that has turned her 4 bed semi detached home(next door to local primary) into a beautiful bright childcare setting with lots of resouces(start up costs well over £1000 prob more like £2000+ I have done leaflet drops around where I live ,local school where I wish to do drop offs only 3 people shown interest on childcare .co.uk but they wanted evenings.I have a lovely home on a nice street on every free website to promote business I charge average for area £3.50 per hour,half day £15 or full day £32,school kids before £5 after £10 to make things worse we lost our precious grandad and uncle both to cancer and both only found out 4 weeks ago and died 2 weeks apart am going to stay strong have come so far is this happening to anyone else,registered last October.Tashx

adele1985
18-04-2012, 09:38 AM
hi hun keep your chin up :)

I didnt really have the best start either lol i started minding with a friend May2010 from my home things got sour and she set up else where (taking most of the kids with her as she was more local to where they all lived)

i started up on my own in May 2011, with 2 kids that stayed with me (one came twice a week afterschool) the other was every morning then i took him to school

im not that busy at the moment (i have got a few more kids but most of them just wanted as and when care which is fine)

i have most days to my self and collect afterschool

the most kids i have at the same time in term time is 1 :rolleyes:

it does pick up in the holidays and i can have between just 1 or up to 4

hang in there im sure things will pick up soon

tash 1
18-04-2012, 09:48 AM
thanks for your support will not give up.x

Ripeberry
18-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Hang on in there. Things can only get better and I'm sorry about your loss :(
It took me over 9months until I got my first mindee. I live in a small village and there are two primary schools 0.5 and 1 mile from me but most people around here use relatives and un-registered carers for their childcare.
Most of my mindees are from 'newcomers' to the village. Try to remain positive and things will get better :thumbsup:

Jexer72
18-04-2012, 09:59 AM
You've put so much hard work in - don't give up now. Keep plugging away and no doubt, like all things it will all happen at once and you'll have to start sending them away. Sounds like you're super organised and your home sounds perfect for childminding especially being so close to the school.

I'm only just starting on my journey and no doubt I will be in the same position as you when I finally get registered - I'll be counting on your support then ha ha! :laughing:

tash 1
18-04-2012, 10:42 AM
You've put so much hard work in - don't give up now. Keep plugging away and no doubt, like all things it will all happen at once and you'll have to start sending them away. Sounds like you're super organised and your home sounds perfect for childminding especially being so close to the school.

I'm only just starting on my journey and no doubt I will be in the same position as you when I finally get registered - I'll be counting on your support then ha ha! :laughing:
Good luck,keep us posted x

~Grasshopper~
18-04-2012, 10:47 AM
hi hun.

im in oldham so not far from you. xx

it took me about 4mths to find my first mindee and then it was a friend of a friends baby. things will pick up, if you would like me to help im more than willing.

do you have your own children?? you could go to groups and get chatting to mums ect.

pm me if you want to meet up or something xx

tash 1
18-04-2012, 11:33 AM
hi hun.

im in oldham so not far from you. xx

it took me about 4mths to find my first mindee and then it was a friend of a friends baby. things will pick up, if you would like me to help im more than willing.

do you have your own children?? you could go to groups and get chatting to mums ect.

pm me if you want to meet up or something xxhi thanks suz where in Oldham you based.x

lyla's mum
18-04-2012, 01:44 PM
dont give up! work has been really slow for me, after losing my full timer after christmas i've been left with 2 full days and a before and after schooler term time only. was looking for putting my dd into childcare and going out to work, but i now have 2 full timers signed up for september, its going to be a struggle over the summer but all the hard work has paid off at last!

The Juggler
18-04-2012, 10:09 PM
oh hon. sorry to hear this. what about having an open day if you don't have any mindees. have a stay and play session or just be there for Q&A??

miffy
19-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Sorry you've had a rough start but agree with the others, don't give up.

As you're next to the local primary why not have a word with the head teacher and see if they will send out leaflets for you to all parents and include your details in their prospectus - they might not especially if they have their own after school club but it's worth a try.

Miffy xx

PerkyEars
19-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

I agree with all the others. Sounds like you have a brilliant setting and have put lots of work in, it will pay off. You're not cursed.

It can be hard getting started, my first year was pretty rough, with some awful jobs I didn't really get on well with and then many months with not enough work. The second year work started to pick up. Hang on in there.