PDA

View Full Version : Idiot proof lol

loopyloopy
18-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Could somebody outline for me in idiot proof terms what planning we have to do as I don't think I'm doing enough

At the mo I go to different playgroups but not every week, we go out and about to other places do I use these visits and obs for their lj's then at home we have a lot of free play as mindees prefer this but we do structured activities too. So with this I do individual planning/interests, each child has their own book, I do scrapbooks and learning journals (there is usually at least 1 entry, ob, per month) I sort of plan as I go along so I dont have a huge file of things to do, I look at what they are interested in and go with that and plan/print just enough for that particular activity. I saw another cm who has a few box files full of future things to do and it made me feel like I'm not doing enough but on the other hand if the mindees are not interested in the things she has then is there much point??

I'm confused now and think I may have to do more (more evidence ofsted wise) Should add my mindees are 2.5 and 15 months and we pretty much go with the flow most days and see where it takes us

sarah707
18-04-2012, 05:43 PM
You need to plan for children's interests and learning styles - so individual planning is the most important.

You also need to plan for group activities for the older children - this is made clear in the revised Eyfs which says that as children get older more adult focussed and led activities should be available to help them prepare for school.

You also need your planning to be for 'purposeful play' which means that you should look at what you offer and how the children access it and reflect on what they are learning.

The most important thing is to show a child's progression from their starting points - all your planning will show how you are helping them to progress.

Parents should input into planning - and children as they get older. With little ones it's about following their lead and doing what they enjoy and noting what they are learning and how they are learning so you can plan more things for them.

A box of activity ideas is a great idea - you can build it up over time - if you feel it will be useful! If you won't ever look at it then use your skills in other ways.

Hth :D

loopyloopy
18-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Thank you Sarah :thumbsup:

The Juggler
18-04-2012, 09:29 PM
are the children happy ? are they becoming independent? are they engaged in their own learning?

if so, then doesn't matter where you go or what you do as long as it is following their interests and development - how you do it is up to your creativity :thumbsup: